Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question,

Is it safe to run sleds with Gas Stabilizer in the gas all the time?

Cheers
Rob.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I would say that its safe... I'm not sure why you would want to. I think it would probably reduce performance a bit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for the info guys...as it seem most of yo think it will do no harm I'l leave whats in there now.

I also added gas line anti-freeze...this is fine - right??

Thx
Newbie Rider [8D]
Rob

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Oh yeah if your just talking about running the old gas through the sled. Thats fine. There would be no point of stabalizer if when you want to use the gas you need to refill the whole thing. And the gas line anti-freeze is good for the sled. I always carry a spare bottle on the sled, Incase something decides to freeze up. It also keeps the lines clear of any ice that may have built up, since your last run. Oh and if you ever think that you may have some water in your gas.. Thats the stuff to dump in.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Stabilizers are good once in a while. I wouldn't run them all the time but I do once in a while to help prevent the carbs from gumming up.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Stabalize in the spring. Gas takes several months to varnish. Don't use methanol alchohol in snomobiles save that for your truck. Use only Isopropal alchohol in a snomobile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts