Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any easier way to change the Fuel Tank Filter without taking the tank off. The shop manual shows to remove the tank and unscrew the bolt when the line comes out.

Can I fish the tube out though the opening?

Thanks,

CD

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Well from the Polaris sleds I have worked on taking the seat/tank off is really easy. Usually just a couple of bolts and snaps.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Just a couple days ago, i replaced the tank fuel filter on a ski-doo 670, and i got lucky! There is a spring surrounding the filter that is made of metal, not brass, so i just used a magnet to pull it out of the tank. On my Polaris, i used a metal coat hanger, bent it up and fished around the tank to get it out. Carefull though, sometimes the hose is not long enough to make its way out of the tank, and you may accidentally pull the other end of the hose off. Then you will need to pull the tank off.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try this weekend. Looking to avoid taking the tank/seat off as its a long track with a rack over the seat.

CD

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quoted from service manual Polaris
Note: Some models use fuel filters are located inside the fuel tank. To inspect/replace filter:
Remove fuel from tank
Remove air box
Remove fuel line fitting from fuel tank
pull fuel line, pickup, and filter from tank

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just tried the coat hanger and it worked.

I have a heck of a hard time taking the air box off this sled for some reason. 92 Indy lite 340.

CD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts