Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has used ether of these belts I am switching from the oem Poo belts due to the peice of [email protected]#[email protected] allways breaking and blowing out without reasons maybe the heat :) but i am going to try a higher quality belt and see how that works out wahts the best replacement for the 80 belt 05 xcsp 800 i found these belts claiming they were the best gates extreme or dayco extreme belt thanks

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I tried a dayco on my xcr, junk, slipped way too much. I even used the heavier weights like they said. still junk.

Have you tried using a polaris 098 belt. I use it on my pro x. Works great less heat also.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I've found OEM polaris to be the best.

Fix the REAL problem, don't band-aid it with a different belt. Your clutching has got to be off, or the alignment is off, or your throttle technique is off.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Originally posted by chase73
[br]....i am going to try a higher quality belt ....i found these belts claiming they were the best.....
??? That is the point of advertising... They say what they want in order to attract customers.

If you believe it...that is up to you. I would stick with OEM. They are pricey...overpriced?? maybe a little, but they are better than aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ripperd
[br]I've found OEM polaris to be the best.

Fix the REAL problem, don't band-aid it with a different belt. Your clutching has got to be off, or the alignment is off, or your throttle technique is off.
:) LOL I have aligned them 3 times had the stealer alighn them for me and checked everything twice the motor mounts everything the stock 080 polaris belts just cant handle it . I was hoping somthing aftermarket would take the beating thanks for the info on the dayco and :) yes i know they market advertise to make ya think they are the best but somtimes ya just have to try to see for yourself thats why i asked :) Throttle technic ???????? are you serious ???? i am thinking my sled is warmed up and ready to go hummmmm hammer time at the start of the race and maybe feather it to get some traction :) my belts shouldnt explode :) I will try the 098 belt thanks again for the imput

·
Registered
43 Posts
The problem you've been having is that the belt is heating up tooooo much, You need to find or install heat reduction kit on the side of your machine, I have yet not tried one but intend to purchase on the next time I'm in the USA. Or if you want to try another belt, the Carlisle Ultimax 3 or the XS model, one other would be the Gates Xtreme Mountain Belt. I run the XS model in my RX-1. Don't forget your running 800cc thats alot of heat. At least you have snow, up here in Canada we're still waiting.. cheers and let it snow.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I've seen lots of people ruin belts by how they let the clutch engage, you can easily burn a belt if you arn't careful when you take off.

If you still have issues after your clutches are aligned, I would look at 2 things. The engine shifting (motor mounts and possibly add a torque arm), and the 2nd thing I would look at is clutch tuning. IE helix, springs, weights. I have heard that polaris doesn't put the best setup in there from the factory. I would look into a clutch kit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a clutch kit in it from slp when i put the vforce reeds, pipe , high air intake ,I installed the clutch kit they recomended I was going to go with the tourqe arm 2 just to be sure of alignment is there some type of air vent kit for the xc 800 that would help cool it down ????? I will try that and a better belt

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
My pick would be the Gates Xtreme belt, they seem to take a little more abuse than the Dayco belts. Daycos are good for your Indy Trail's , Safaris etc etc.. I prefer the OE Polaris belts to all of them, but if I had to choose I would put a Gates belt on my machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts