Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!

My brother just picked up a 08 Polaris IQ Turbo 700 LX at Spicers and been itching to test it out. I finally gave in and now the mood and said forget it, we're going! We'll be coming up Sunday night and leaving Tuesday night.

We're probably going to stay in Waters area so we're half way between Frederic and Gaylord.

I know from the looks of it there will be plenty of snow to go trail riding by the 1st, correct? We're just coming up for two days. Around New Years we're coming up for a week or longer. Just gotta knock out a urge before hand.

How will the trails be do you think?

We'd like it if someone wants to meet up and take a trip up to the Mackinac Bridge and back one day. Or somewhere else. Either way, let me know ASAP and lets get something planned. We want to get a group together on Monday.

Open to anything and everything.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
How much and how widespread is the snow in that area??

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Lucky. I think i might have a hour delay tomorrow if we get the supposed inch tonight. But i was supposed to be going up after christmas, but my brothers buddy is wrestling, and they have practice everyday over break, so i might see if dad wants to go. If not im going duck hunting. But id bet the trails heading into Gaylord are crappy. We were lucky last year that we got behind groomers often when we were heading back to the cabin we were at.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was planning on heading up to gaylord the end of next week sometime. If any one would like to meet up and ride give me a shout. [thumb]

·
Registered
455 Posts
there is snow everywhere around here anyone want to ride in the cadillac area this weekend?

·
Registered
278 Posts
We recieved another 12+ inches here Thursday night! Lots and lots of powder everywhere [thumb]

I noticed the Jordan Valley Groomers were grooming trail #4 all the way to Lynn Lake Rd not to far from Waters yesterday. I don't know if they turned around there or not, but they did a nice job on the "rollercoaster" hills on Mancelona road. This would also mean they were grooming Lakes of the North. I'm really pumped about them grooming out here, it seems that this area was always the last, if at all to get groomed because of the hills.

Sorry about the rambling there[:D]. If anyone wants to meet up or needs a garage, give me a shout, I'm right on trail 4 between Gaylord and Mancelona.

Mike

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sounds sweet. As of now we arent heading up after christmas, so we will be there in 5 or 6 weeks. I would love to get up there after christmas, but i dont think dad wants to go.

·
Registered
90 Posts
msh93xlt said:
We recieved another 12+ inches here Thursday night! Lots and lots of powder everywhere [thumb]

I noticed the Jordan Valley Groomers were grooming trail #4 all the way to Lynn Lake Rd not to far from Waters yesterday. I don't know if they turned around there or not, but they did a nice job on the "rollercoaster" hills on Mancelona road. This would also mean they were grooming Lakes of the North. I'm really pumped about them grooming out here, it seems that this area was always the last, if at all to get groomed because of the hills.

Sorry about the rambling there[:D]. If anyone wants to meet up or needs a garage, give me a shout, I'm right on trail 4 between Gaylord and Mancelona.

Mike
I will have to hit you up next time we head up that way. All the areas you mentioned are where we road many moons ago. How is the green lantern doing?

·
Registered
257 Posts
lucky s.o.b. lol
trails in wi dont open till the 15th which sucks
cold front right now though! we already got like 7 inches.
lots of drifting because of wind,
taking a trip up to watermeet jan 23-27 should be a blast

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
msh93xlt said:

Mike
Rollercoaster hills?

Haha

Just need to make sure the trail is properly marked a bit better on some of them hills. Come around the top and next thing you realize you're sled is going right into about 3 feet of snow into trees! [:p]

·
Registered
278 Posts
"How is the green lantern doing?"

I haven't been there is a long time, I still hear their ads on the radio quite often though.

Definately let me know the next time your up!

Mike

PolarisHockey9019 said:
msh93xlt said:

Mike
Rollercoaster hills?

Haha

Just need to make sure the trail is properly marked a bit better on some of them hills. Come around the top and next thing you realize you're sled is going right into about 3 feet of snow into trees! [:p]
Yup, you gotta be careful. I agree the trail needs to be marked better, with the gas line markers and trail markers mixed together, it's hard to tell where you need to go. Whether it's up the hill or slide right into the trees [beatup]! I know that I have sure scared myself before, you have to ride at such an angle sideways.

·
Registered
90 Posts
msh93xlt said:

Mike
Heading your way tomorrow. Not going quite that far north. Gonna ride Houghton Lake area since the snow is good and not as busy. If your gonna around that way let me know.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I will do that, I just picked up a Houghton Lake area trail map and it looks easy to connect from here. I don't think I can make it this weekend, but I want to in the near future! Have a safe trip up.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts