Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Nope, we are still running 19/39 in all our stuff!!! The bottom end is already great remember you want to keep some top end!!

DW

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
yep kept the stock 19/39 in my old edge rmk. if you want you could try a 40t bottom gear, but I think the stock setup is the best.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hey Kessinger700RMK long time no see! Well I had mine for two years and I tried a bunch of different gear sets, ranging from 19/43-20/39 and I found the stock gearing to be spot on for hard packed hill climbing. I am not sure how well it works in the powder but when that thing is hoked up man it would fly, held it to the bar on all my climbes and it would not bog or work toohard to keep going. I am not sure what mods you have done this summer so I can't say if you can drop a tooth or two on the bottom. Well lets see what mods you have and I can see what works best, or at least help find the best numbersfor you, remember you want a gear set that will not give you too much chain slack, because you will loose some power to that.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have 10/56 weights with a Polaris Almond (round) spring in the primary, and a PEM Hyperlite clutch with 47/45 helix and a PEM Blue/White spring; that setup is for 6000-10,000 feet. Never bogs, always keeps going. My engine doesn't have the VES, though

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by G-Man
[br]Hey Kessinger700RMK long time no see! Well I had mine for two years and I tried a bunch of different gear sets, ranging from 19/43-20/39 and I found the stock gearing to be spot on for hard packed hill climbing. I am not sure how well it works in the powder but when that thing is hoked up man it would fly, held it to the bar on all my climbes and it would not bog or work toohard to keep going. I am not sure what mods you have done this summer so I can't say if you can drop a tooth or two on the bottom. Well lets see what mods you have and I can see what works best, or at least help find the best numbersfor you, remember you want a gear set that will not give you too much chain slack, because you will loose some power to that.
Yes it has been along time,i like seeing your replies
This is what i have
slp ceramic pipe (single)
slp ceramic silencer
slp cheater head
vforce 3 reeds
Still have the stock clutching.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well with that type of set up you can get away with going with a stiffer clutch set up and then raise your gearing i.e. make it go faster, because more track speed means higher hill climbs!!! Well you probably can run 19/36 and have a 70 pitch chain. This will give you an extra 8-10mph gain and not bog your motor down. Try it out if you want I was just looking them up, @ 8500rpm 19/36 should get you around 95mph with a 70 pitch which would give you very little chain slack which is a good thing. If you wanted more top end you could try 21/38 gears with a 72 pitch chain also this would give you 100mph @8500 rpm. But it would also stress your motor more. Well it is all up to you and what you want. Good luck nd I would love to hear how things turn out!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Iam not looking for more speed,where i ride your lucky to do 80 before your braking hard for a tree/corner.Ride in mostly powder,most of the hillclimbs dont have alot of room to get a good start at the bottom,so basically have to reley on power and quickness to get started up the hill.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Oh ok I will find the gearing for that, I will post them tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Ok here it is, 18/41 will allow you to run the stock chain and drop about 8mph off top speed that would give you a little better hole shot. And if you want more a 17/42 with a 72 pitch chain (stock) will give you alot more bottom end. It will drop the top speed to around 71-72mph but it will be a rocket off of the line especially with the mods on your sled. But if you want to be crazy fast off of the line, you could use 16/43 with the stock cain and only go about 68mph max. a 43 bottom sprocket is the biggest you can go in the EDGE chain case. All of the gear ratios are to give you the least amount of chain slack as possible there are other variations but they will give you more slack in the chain. Hope I have helped somewhat. later

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats great info, thanks a lot i will defiantly tell you how she works. I will most likely go with the 17/42 first thing.Thanks again

·
Registered
999 Posts
Good to hear, I can't wait to find out how the change does! Wellhave fun and shred some powder for me too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts