Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'am runing a 1995 cogar 550 i need a good gears set up for 660 the gears i have are stock 20/39 and would to now if 20/42 would be a good set up for 660 ice drags

·
Registered
450 Posts
20/42 is alot better for that. just curious though.. your sled is going to be in a 600cc class and i cant see it being competitive with the newer 600s with 120+ hp whereas yours is only 85.

·
Registered
450 Posts
so what size is this motor? 500? what rpm does this eng make peak hp at? the manufacturer should be able to give you a pretty good indication for clutching if youre running their pipes. and 20/42 gears are better than 20/39 for 660

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i need a good clutch setup for my machine you do you have a god one for me to try i got orange/white primary spring and i got a red/white secondary spring with 57/50 helix 62/44 mit be to much off and angle for my sled

·
Registered
450 Posts
yeah i thought id find this post. you say your eng is 124 hp. so shouldnt you know at what rpm? you have to dial in your clutching to meet that specific rpm. the more and more i read your posts im more than gladly to help but it seems like you may not be telling the complete truth and i would wager a guess you're in your early teens too.

·
Registered
450 Posts
keep your secondary spring wind it in the 2nd tightest notch, use a 58/42 helix, and use a primary spring that engages atabout 4000-4500 rpms.

·
Registered
78 Posts
d&d crate motor putting out 124 hp and running in improved stock?
and your competing in a 10 year old chasis?
i'm calling bs.
cat better start hiring d&d r&d guys because the new f-6 only put out 120 hp. polaris new 600 engine is the most powerful 600 yet and puts out 125.
you've giving clutching advice in other posts and asking for advice here?

·
Registered
450 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts