Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought an 07 RS Venture with the Genesis 120.I'm not finding it as quiet or as smooth as I thought a 4 stroke would be.Also getting some vibration but I think its coming from the big lug 151 inch track with maybe frozen slush in the tunnel. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
4-strokes definetely have a throatier sound to them and that could be what you percieve to be more engine noise.
The Vector that I rode was really quiet, definetely quieter than any 2-stroke sled Ive ever been on. It could be clutch rattle, the 120s had a recall on them in '05 that was supposed to fix the clutch rattle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The noise is coming from the primary clutch.It's not a rattle or belt sqeal and its noticeable at lower speeds and at idle.Kind of a mild clacking.Never noticed it with my Venture 700 maybe because the engine itself was louder.Is this normal? What was the recall on the 05?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The '05s had a recall for clutch rattle. Contact your dealer and see if you sled had that work done to it and if not, have them perform the recall on it.
Vectors and RS Ventures were known for clutch rattle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts