Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just wondering on my 1999 zrt 600 if i install a d&d power breather and blackmagic head (pictured) if rejetting would be neassecary. I was told with just the head alone jettin would be ok. thanks, been awhile since ive been on!been in the arctic cat forum of pwc today workin on my 97 Daytona 1000 tripple jet ski!!thanks again 201082503336782_31042.jpg

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
You will probably have to rejet and run 93 octane fuel. If it were me the jetski motor would be in the sled.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yaahhh but i gotta have a cat to outrun people on a cat all year round!!!lol yah i always run 93, just ddnt know if i HAD to rejet...[super]

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Are the domes in the head cut for stock? Or for premium or race gas? Make sure you know this before you install the head. If they are cut stock, your jetting would be fine. BUT, you will more than likely need to rejet for the intake. The intake should allow for more airflow, and thus you will need to adjust for it. If not you may lean it out too much. Any time the air/fuel mixture might be changed, you had better be watching your jetting.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how would i find out what they are cut for? the casting numbers on the dome? as for the breather,,its on an extra 99 zrt 600 i picked up for a backup sled and i was gonna put it on my wifes zrt, is there any noticable gains with this breather? thanks[thumb]

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I would say call Black Magic...but that won't do much good since they are out of business. If they were bought used from an owner you can get ahold of, you can always ask the prior owner. I suppose if nothing else you can install the head, fill your sled full of premium, and run it...keeping a careful eye on it of course. I would imagine they are 91 octane heads, but of course I cannot be sure.

And for the Power Breather, I've read they are not worth the money. In your case though, you already have the intake, so the money is not a factor. I've read your stock intake will suck in all the air you will ever need, it just needs to be gutted. I highly doubt you will feel any gains by installing the intake. Maybe, if anything, some mental horsepower by thinking you did something great to it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well mental horsepower, lol, isnt worth all the work, in my opinion. so i geuss ill just go with the head, and watch it, or have my wife watch it!!cant wait til snow, guess i still have a lil while longer on my daytona 1000...[confused2]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts