Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the look of the Dragon's seat. Could you easily put a dragon seat on an xcr's gen 2 chassis? or what lightweight seat would you guys choose for looks and weight reduction? And what I've been reading here, people are getting from 12-18mpg on a xcr 800. If 18mpg is possoble how do you get this amazing fuel mileage?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Because you're barely hitting the throttle. The engine doesn't have to work that hard. Ever drive a truck with a 360 in it? You're cruising at 70 pulling 1900 r's in OD and your foot is barely touching the pedal.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
You can put a Dragon seat on a Gen 2 but your going to have to modify the mounts and possibly the seat itself. Most likely you aren't going to find one very easy, as the BOSS seats really aren't that much lighter. The dragon is about as light of a sled as your going to get.
I know what you mean about driving a truck with a 360, as I have a 99 Ram with a 360. I barely touch the gas and the damn front end jumps like you are about to wheelie.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
next year I am updating to a boss seat or a shorty polaris seat. just finished my own light weight front radious rods. did a light wieght hood and pipes already. getting close to 35-40 lbs off the sled already.

for the gas milage a stock one with decent jetting and clutching on hard pack you should easily get the 14 mpg.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The problem is with the gas tank. The oil resorvoir sticks out too far. Even a regular gen two tank wont fit it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts