Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to the site. Im 14 years old. I recently got my Yamaha 84' phazer SE out of the shed. Put new gas in it, put a battery in it and poured some gas down the plugs and finally got it running. But, when it runs it idles up reall slowly to about 3000 rpms then all the sudden shuts off. Also it olny will idle on have choke. Whats wrong here? (Sorry I dont know much about motors and all that mechanical stuff[:I])

·
Registered
963 Posts
welcome to the site! first clean the carbs had the same problem before with idling and then i got the carbs cleaned and it ran fine.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, well I really dont know how to do that, My grandfather suggested stuff called Seafoam to put in the tank. Otherwise maybe I'll ask my dad's friend who works at a small motor shop to clean them out.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If you don't clean the carbs, you will ruin the engine. 2-strokes need gas, yours isn't getting any as evident by the idle under choke only. Should be easy to take the carbs off. If you can do that you're half way there. If you can't do that, take it to a mechanic.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aight thanx for the input guys, Ill have my dads friend check it out and see what he can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts