Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Different one than the 305 I was talking about the other day. Actually it is one that when I went to look at the 305 I looked at and said that is nice. My dad stopped and talked to the guy the other day and well today we went and drove it and put down a down payment. 1985 Chevy full size Blazer with a 350 and 4 speed manual trans. Gonna have to learn to drive stick :(. I have wanted to but I didn't really want a manual transmission truck. However the guy only wanted $1000 and this thing just needs to have some rust cleaned up and a coat of paint. Has brand new 33" tires on it. It will come home on Monday.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hell yes!! Good deal on the truck bud, I agree with you on the carb vs EFI, the only good purpose EFI has when offroading is that you can damn near run upside down and still get fuel. By the way I just purchased a new ride myself, 97' chevy 1/2 ton. It will be going into the shop for a 4" Rancho suspension lift and a 2 or 3" body lift, to accomadate some 35s. I would like to show some before and after pics on here but have no idea how, any help here would be great!!
By the way be sure to get some pics on here of your bad boy!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet. Yeah the only reason I see for EFI is extreme gradients(big hills). You can't backfire it with EFI :). I will probably be puting on a Rancho 4" since it is red to match the color I will be painting it. I wanted to paint it blue but my dad insists on red because you can have a real bad body and still look good with red. I agree with him on that. It has nice 33s now so I will just keep those until I wear them out then Thornbird 33s :)

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just found a rancho 4"er for my truck for $370. Dual shock steering stabalizer and alignment and I am set. Will set me back a good $600 in the end I bet. Got to sell my bike and some computer parts. Anyone want to buy a Haro Mountain Bike in Southeastern Pennsylvania? Barely used!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The 4" will do you good, if you plan on going any bigger than that get the system(leaf springs rather than blocks). The steering stabilizer shouldn't run you to much... Ever thought about the duel shock set-up on the front?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dual shock system on the front? Bigger than that I would really have to get into the steering work stuff. Besides with the 33s on it 6" lift woudl just look bad.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
hell for 2000 bucks ive got 4 pioneer 12's fosgate 6 1/2 components 5 MTX amps and like tons of other stuff lol im not selling any of my Image dynamics stuff

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
umm no. CD player and probably new speakers all around that will prolly be it. I wouldn't want to put in a big sound system since I may run with the top off sometimes and that just wouldn't be a good idea.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
$2000?.........on a stereo?.........you guys are nuts!

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
agreed XC. I mean that is 2k I could spend puting heads, headers, intakes, carb, and cam kits on my 350!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
give me few days and i can get a few pics of my stuff =) and yes i run all ID speakers and all ALPINE v-12 amps with pioneer deck and EQ

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
oh yeah and 2000 is only half of what i have into my system if you dont count the wiring and the security

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
all i have other than stock is a pioneer head unit. workd fine for me. plays my cd's and pulls in radio stations. that's all i ask for. if i'd have 2000 to put in a stereo, first i'd beat myself up for even considering spending that much on sound and tv or whatever. next, i'd buy that 66 stang down the road and fix it up nicely for that amount. or i'd just put a nice down payment on a new sled.

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Tisk, tisk. If you think $2000 is a lot, try $6000. $2000 barely will get you running with the big guys. My friend has over $6000 invested and he still is not finished. I tell ya though, you won't hear a better sounding car in all of Northern Minnesota. It is GREAT!

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

dual shock system on the front? Bigger than that I would really have to get into the steering work stuff. Besides with the 33s on it 6" lift woudl just look bad.

[/quote]
The lift would come with everything you would need for steering components, that way you keep all oem specs on steering. Speaking of steering I think you said you wanted to get a duel steering stabilizer which is a little much( i guess like a 6" w/ 33s) for the size of tires you will run. All you really need is a single stabilzer, which Rancho will recomend with tires up to 35". As far as a duel shock set-up goes, simple: two shocks on each tire up front. I don't know what kind of shocks your getting with this lift but it you get the RS9000's or better you would be alright, but I'am sure the lift will probely come RS3000's which your truck will eat up in a matter of minutes. So all I'am saying is look into a duel shock bracket with some RS5000 shocks and you will be golden!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

agreed XC. I mean that is 2k I could spend puting heads, headers, intakes, carb, and cam kits on my 350!

[/quote]
Hell yeah with the 2 grand into the 350 it would make way better noise than any stereo system could ever hope for!!!!!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by erick:

You run ID's? Hmm, you got any pictures of audio stuff?

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com[/quote]

HMMMM I have a brand new IDQ 15" V2.D2 sitting on my dresser at home, just waiting to get a good box built. Probably going to wait till I get the S2000 to throw it it. Anyhow, sled dog sounds like you got a nice truck to start with. Once you learn the manual you will never want to drive an auto again...well at least that is how I feel.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by erick:

You run ID's? Hmm, you got any pictures of audio stuff?

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com[/quote]

HMMMM I have a brand new IDQ 15" V2.D2 sitting on my dresser at home, just waiting to get a good box built. Probably going to wait till I get the S2000 to throw it it. Anyhow, sled dog sounds like you got a nice truck to start with. Once you learn the manual you will never want to drive an auto again...well at least that is how I feel.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

[/quote]

not until you're stuck in busy traffic ;) on the open road though, NOTHING can beat rowing your own!

'99 XC SP 500

1 - 20 of 27 Posts