Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some summer storage tips..... i.e drain fuel, pour oil down the plugs etc....

First year of sleding and now first year of storage. :)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
1) Put fule stabilizer in the gas.
2) Warm up sled.
3) Turn the gas off.
4) When the sled is running spray fogging oil in the carbs until it stalls.
5) Put more fogging oil in each of the cylinders.
6) Pull it over a few times slowly.
7) Stuff the exhaust pipes.
8) If you want to empty gas tank.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I just threw the damn thing up on a stand. I don't think i'll be able to sle dnext year cause i can't afford it. I'm currently in the process of modifyeing a honda civic and its getting quite hard on the wallet. I might be able to sled next year though, if i suck up to mom and dad.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The bank of MA&PA is helping me build my honda civic, so i don't think i can get a new sled. I know they can afford it, but there too busy buying stufff for them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
why waste your money on a honda? hahaha what build 250 hp for $15000, or go get a small block 350 and build 450 hp for $600bux

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZRT 600 Posted - April 21 2003 : 09:40:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Put fule stabilizer in the gas.
2) Warm up sled.
3) Turn the gas off.
4) When the sled is running spray fogging oil in the carbs until it stalls.
5) Put more fogging oil in each of the cylinders.
6) Pull it over a few times slowly.
7) Stuff the exhaust pipes.
8) If you want to empty gas tank.

ZRT600- if I shut off the fuel (I'm assuming my Ski-doo has that option) won't the Sled die? [:I]

Cheers

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
It will run long enough on the fuel in the lines and carb. another thing I do is spray the everything in the engine compartment with WD-40,keeps stuff for rusting and corroding.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
The new Ski-Doo's don't have the shut off so you might need to disconnect the gas line, it'll run for a couple of minutes after you disconnect it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts