Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as most of you know I just bought a 2002 Arctic Cat ZR800 EFI a few weeks ago. Well about the same time as I got my sled one of my friends got a 2002 MXZ 800 adrenline. I told him that he got a sweet sled, etc etc and that I decided to go with the cat instead. He starts out and out BASHING of my Cat and has been basically talking smack about it since I got it. Normally I would be one to just let this go and write it off as people being stupid, but I just spent a good deal of money on this sled and I am proud of it. So my question to you guys is what chances (if any) do I have of spanking him with my sled? I would like nothing more than to show him my snowflap after all the smack he has been talking. Both of our sleds are stock and not studded. We both are agressive riders of above average skill and are around the same size. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions? Thanks!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI
1993 Polaris Storm 750
Piped and Clutched

·
Registered
586 Posts
Man, that brand bashing sh** sure gets old quick.We all have pride in our sleds and don't want to hear such trashtalk.I have no idea if your cat will take his doo.I suppose that it is your duty as a friend to give him a hard time about why he'd buy a SkiDon't.Be sure to point out all the cool stuff you have that he doesn't.Where's his efi,where's his 13.5" of rear travel.I personally am not brand loyal , but most of my friends are so I have to listen to there crap all the time.Just give it right back to him.When you guys are out riding, you'll probobly find that they are pretty close performance wise.I guess time will tell.Lets just try to keep bashing off this forum.

·
Registered
149 Posts
what ya need to do here is remove a large portion of your tail flap and make sure you stay in front of him. It shoulbe pretty tough to talk sh!t w/a mouth full o' snow

I need spellcheck!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wait til he gets stuck and do everything in you power to ride right by him (before helping him out of it) to prove your sled can do what his can and more.

Ps. I like the idea about removing part of your flap and roosting him.

AKScrambler

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i know how you feel, when i bought my 93 polaris this summer, two of my friends had already snow-checked new artic cats. so naturally, i get alot of teasing. but its only a little rubbin- of course my friends dont keep it up for days on end. all ive got to say is ive never had the displeasure of ridin ski-dump, but i have to give atric cat credit, i havent seen one stuck yet, and i love their suspensions!!!! so i say who cares what tey say, their more than likely jealous!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Who ever grabs traction first wins.
Can't say I have ridden either one but the cat is up a couple of HP but I think the Doo is a shade lighter. Should be a lot of fun trying to figure it out though. If he wins one pass just keep trying should be a dead heat.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
2000TCMC is correct. Whoever gets the traction will win. When my friend had his 1999 XC 600 I would drag race him on trails and such and would always win by a few sled lengths. My sled had about 15 less hp than his but because I had a little longer track and about a half an inch deeper lugs, I was able to beat him every time.
He didn't want to ever drag race me after about the 10th time.

·
Registered
278 Posts
With the BEFI on your Cat you should run more consistantly throughout varying conditions. If he has those new concave skiis he might be a little better through the twistys. 192 studs and 10" carbides are what I recommend for great handling with your Cat. That would be the best way to get a great edge up on him. After about a mile of trail he won't even see the dust from your sled.

RtkatZL8

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
naturally we all stick up for the sled we got now....unless it really sux bad, and u dont even want it anymore.....lol....what kinda track u got on ur ZR? should be 1.25 isnt it? take ur snowflap off, and u will throw some chunks of snow. keep the AC name goin, dont let ur friends slam ur sled....show em whos boss.....good luck w/ ur ZR and get some pics up on here soon!

Think Snow...hell...might as well think lots of snow!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well I hate to tell you, but that doo is probably gonna give it to you in the ass if you ever get in front of it, but hey, dish that brand loyalty back at him. You can always call him Rotasticle boy, Ski-Poo guy, or MXZzzzzzzzzzzzer. If I think of more, i'll let you know

95 XLT Special
88 Saffari 377
89 Saffari Saga 377

·
Registered
134 Posts
HEY!!!!
I thought we weren't gonna bash!
I think both sleds will be neck and neck. It all boils down to the rider, It's the same as me on my 700 and the bro on his 800. I'm not worried because unless you're on long straights there won't be a winner.
It's the man, not the machine!

SKI-DOO ROCKS!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
naw, we aren't bashin, its only bashin when someone is really gettin down on someone about what they ride, imn sure this is all in fun. bashin is what intended is taking on a daily basis, and i feel for him, what makes it worse is sounds like his friends dont know when to quit, so i say stick it to em where it hurts intended!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by xltman:

naw, we aren't bashin, its only bashin when someone is really gettin down on someone about what they ride, imn sure this is all in fun. bashin is what intended is taking on a daily basis, and i feel for him, what makes it worse is sounds like his friends dont know when to quit, so i say stick it to em where it hurts intended!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Yeh, I can't wait till the snow fly's and my sleds broken in fully. Then it is time to lay the smacketh down! or something like that..lol

1993 Polaris Storm 750
Piped and Clutched

·
Registered
289 Posts
YALL are wrong. People who buy a new sled and see people having JUST AS MUCH FUN on an older sled are jealous because they spend 6k on a new sled and the 1k sled is makin the same results to the rider. and the 1k sled rider is jealous cause he doesnt have the new sled that doesnt get stuck on snowbanks and can go faster. ive seen it on here.... IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT U RIDE OR HOW U RIDE AS LONG AS U DO RIDE!
its fun...is not a competition.. go out to have a blast. do what u must and deal with what u got. those who have to bash are lower than you if they keep it up because thats all that they have to fall back on. just P*ssys~

THROTTLE HARD even if it maxes at 35mph!

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i agree w/ B2SO, the guys w/ the new sleds are pissed cuz the guys w/ the old sleds have just as much fun but the guys w/ the old sleds want new ones. like my old worked just fine, just that i really watned to update b4 it lost all its value.new is usually better,but not always....my old 74 panter still is a blast to ride....it will always run,unlike some of these new ones..lol

Think Snow...hell...might as well think lots of snow!

·
Registered
289 Posts
friend has a 71 puma 340 i think.. LOL beat the snot outta it, pulled neighborhood kids on their sleds.. i saw him with like 40 kids behind it LOL.. he had fun. now he has his 80 sumtin panther 500. good friend of mine... been through alot of fights but we always hang out and work on our sleds

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

·
Registered
39 Posts
sled dog's right, call the guy's up at D&D thay know how to get every last pony out of a cat

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright, my new digital camera finally came!! I have pictures of both of my sleds here http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofans/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=538&FORUM_ID=57&CAT_ID=13&Topic_Title=Pictures+of+my+two+sleds%2E%2E%2E&Forum_Title=My+Sled

Thanks for all of the replys and the link!

1993 Polaris Storm 750
Piped and Clutched

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey if nothing elese just wiat till the 90 below day and good old rotax is changing fouled plugs again. And you are patiently waiting for him with a Cats grin knowing you have the better machine.
Don't want to depress you but he is most likely faster than you.

"Meaningless Ride"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts