Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, the snow is melting and I'm getting the quads ready. One of my cyclones runs great, the other fired right up, but then seemed like it was flooding out and then backfired. I then started it and it was like it was flooded, had to hold the throttle open wide for it to fire. Bog bog bog...died. That was yesterday, I shut off the fuel and came back out this afternoon and tried it again, fired right up but bogged and died quickly, backfiring again at the end. It's a 250 single 2 stroke, just like a trail boss or trail blazer. Am I going to have to pull my carb or are these the symptoms of a fouled plug on a 1 lunger? I'm pretty new to 2 stroke singles, so I'm still learning. Any help would be great as my wife would love to take a ride around the section! Thanks guys!

· Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks guys. I don't have any plugs in the right heat range (they use BR8ES plugs, all I have are BR9EYA plugs) so I didn't put a fresh one in. I'll prob. be picking some up tomorrow or Monday, but my main concern was that it was not uncommon for a one lunger to backfire when overfueled, like I said, these are my first one lung 2 strokes I've ever had. Now just to dig out the TRX200sx!

On a side note, anyone know anything about Yamaha Warrior 350s? Might be picking one up cheap this week, seems they were made for a long time so I'm sure it's a pretty decent old quad.

· Registered
538 Posts
the TRX 200 should fire right up, mine sits all year and it starts on the first try...if the battery is good.

my brother has a warrior 350. its a good quad but it weighs a ton. its got a ton of torque, and goes pretty good and its really reliable. i raced my 87 quadsport 230 against it and it had me in the short distance. but once it topped out we were even and my little 230 still had a little more left in it. keep in mind the 230 is also way lighter.
another thing about the warriors is that when the ball joint goes in the front a-arm, you need to replace the whole arm. you cant replace just the ball joint...and the rear shocks are junk.

· Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ilive4snow700 said:
the TRX 200 should fire right up, mine sits all year and it starts on the first try...if the battery is good.
There's the problem, the battery is at least 8 years old, and was getting weak last fall. That little honda was my first quad, I got it when I was 10, and it's never been in the shop, never had work done...not even a fresh plug!! Starts every time without complaining, but it's so short and narrow I don't really trust Shorty on it for fear she'll roll it. It's going in sometime this summer to get a tune-up, valves adjusted and probably new clutch plates.

Thanks for the info on the warrior, thinking that might be a good one to put Short on, sporty but not too sporty. I'm looking at a Banshee for myself, but wifey has problems pull-starting the cyclones.

BTW, anyone interested in buying an '87 Cyclone 250x that's pretty much set up for ice racing? Aluminum Rims, dick cepek spider rears, Bills pipe, wheel spreaders. Starts 1st or 2nd pull, fresh top end last August??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.