Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 indy 500. it runs and goes great but i just want to put a bigger motor in it. I was thinking a 650 triple? what exactly would i have to do to get it to fit properly and get it go go properly? would the the coolers i have on now be enough to cool it? will i need a new fuel pump?

· Registered
50 Posts
I had the exact same sled years ago it was one of the best all around sleds of its day.
I moved up to an XLT 580 when it no longer satisfied my needs, especially in the deep stuff.

I would say save yourself the troubles, sell your 500 and put it towards a bigger newer machine.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
barney said:
What kingofit said, If you wanted to put the 650 in there, you would need to move motor mounts, custom pipes, etc.
you wouldn't need to get custom pipes. they use the same chassis.

But yes, most likely motor mounts would need to be altered for proper clutch alignment.
Easier to buy a faster sled.

· Registered
537 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
barney said:
What kingofit said, If you wanted to put the 650 in there, you would need to move motor mounts, custom pipes, etc.

But yes, most likely motor mounts would need to be altered for proper clutch alignment.
Yep. I see my mistake. Both wedges. Im always thinking about custom pipes because im probly going to put an ultra motor in an edge chassis.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
barney said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
barney said:

Yep. I see my mistake. Both wedges. Im always thinking about custom pipes because im probly going to put an ultra motor in an edge chassis.
OOH that would be sweet! love the motor and love the chassis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.