Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recommended routes to the site. There should be signs posted by Friday on the interstate as reminders where to exit.

Also, if you're coming in from western MN [i.e. interstate 94 ] be advised that coming across Hwy 95 will test your resolve. If you exit in St Cloud, there will be about 30 stop lights to get thru the town. Then 95 is closed in Princeton and has a detour. The posted detour is about 10 miles. Locals know a shorter one but I am not from the area so I don't know it. And then North Branch is full of construction and always slow to get thru town anyway. Plan accordingly.

--------------

* From the South: Minneapolis or St. Paul (Preferred Route)

1. Go North on I-35 to the Stacy exit 139.
2. Turn RIGHT on County Road 19 and go about 1/2 mile to County Road 30.
3. At the stop sign, turn LEFT on County Road 30 and go for 1.4 miles to County Road 18.
4. At County Road 18 turn RIGHT and go for 4.5 miles to County Road 14.
5. At County Road 14 turn RIGHT and go for .9 miles to County Road 15.
6. At County Road 15 turn LEFT and go for 5.5 miles to County Road 70.
7. At County Road 70 turn LEFT and go 1 mile to Haydays

* From the North: such as Hinckley or Duluth

1. Go South on I-35 to the Harris exit 152.
2. Turn LEFT on County Road 10 and go east about 1/2 mile.
3. At the RR tracks/stop, turn LEFT an County Road 30 and go 3 blocks.
4. At County Road 9 turn RIGHT and go for about 11 miles. You will go through the town of Sunrise and cross Highway 95
5. At County Road 15 turn LEFT and go for about 2 miles
6. At County Road 70 turn LEFT and go about 1 mile to Haydays

* From the East: St. Croix Falls, WI or Taylors Falls, MN

1. Take highway 95 east to Almelund, MN.
2. Turn LEFT on County Road 10 and go east about 1/2 mile.
3. At Almelund, turn LEFT an County Road 15 and go about 1.5 miles.
4. At County Road 70 turn RIGHT and go about 1 mile to Haydays

* From the West: North Branch, Cambridge or Princeton, MN

The Sno-Barons do not recommend using Highway 95 East through North Branch to the event. However if you do, please be very patient and courteous.

-------------

I highly recommend avoiding North Branch, especially from the north. The bridge across the interstate is under construction and is narrow with little space right now. So do not skip that Harris exit!

The actual address for Hay Days:
38400 Oriole Avenue
North Branch, MN 55056

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Thank You!!!!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
The Sno-Barons do not recommend using Highway 95 East through North Branch to the event. However if you do, please be very patient and courteous.

What is the best route from hwy 95 east for us coming from western MN and going through North Branch? I'm fine with st. cloud lights and detours, but don't want to be sitting in north brnach for 2 hours. Please advise best route.
Thanks so much for the help!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:

What is the best route from hwy 95 east for us coming from western MN and going through North Branch? I'm fine with st. cloud lights and detours, but don't want to be sitting in north brnach for 2 hours. Please advise best route.
Thanks so much for the help!!!!
It's a tough call. Not a lot of alternatives but if you're willing to come all the way over on Hwy 95 you could take County Rd 2 [Stark Rd] out of Cambridge. It's just on the east side of Cambridge, about a 1/4 mile past Menards. Turn left onto it. That will take you up thru Stark and then across the interstate into Harris. From there you can follow the signs.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Baron Member,

We will be coming from Kozy Oaks campground, as will many SF members. Can you recommend a route for us to take? I'm not familiar with the area, so the path I've chosen might not be worth a crap.

201099134440484_6413.jpg

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ha we were going to go on 95 east but thank for a better way is this going to be not as crowded.
What time do they start letting people look at stuff.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shortstop20 said:
Baron Member,

We will be coming from Kozy Oaks campground, as will many SF members. Can you recommend a route for us to take? I'm not familiar with the area, so the path I've chosen might not be worth a crap.

201099134440484_6413.jpg
Sure. Come south out of the campground on Furman to County Rd 9. Go east on County 9. This will get you across the interstate just south of North Branch. You'll then hit a T in the road. You can go north and this will take you to Hwy 95 just on the edge of North Branch. You'll still have one stop light to deal with though. or if you go south a few miles you'll hit Lent Rd which is the back road that will be used to HayDays from the Stacy exit. You can follow the signs from there. But I definitely recommend crossing the interstate at County 9 and not Hwy 95.

indyrider15 said:
Ha we were going to go on 95 east but thank for a better way is this going to be not as crowded.
What time do they start letting people look at stuff.

7am the spectator gates to swap open.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Google Maps shows County 9 turning into County 17 when it crosses the Interstate. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Here's the route I've gathered from your instructions. [:D]

201099235016828_6413.jpg

Do you think it would be better to go north into North Branch via 30(then east on 95) or go south to Lent and come into the grounds at the south end?

Thanks for your help and for putting on this awesome event. I look forward to it every year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shortstop20 said:
Google Maps shows County 9 turning into County 17 when it crosses the Interstate. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Here's the route I've gathered from your instructions. [:D]

Do you think it would be better to go north into North Branch via 30(then east on 95) or go south to Lent and come into the grounds at the south end?

Thanks for your help and for putting on this awesome event. I look forward to it every year.
Your route is correct. Since you're not pulling a big rig I'd probably give sneaking thru town a try.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm staying right in North Branch. What is the best way to get out of town and get to the site. Also what is the reason they don't want people coming east on 95 to the site?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
coming from the north highway 9 or the sunrise road is under construction.

its silly that they want everyone to take another route other than get off of i-35 at 95 and drive right to the site.

wtf, next year are they going to have you come up highway 8 towards wisconson to 95 and then back east to haydays. actually for the guys coming and going i bet there are some back roads, like see where 77 goes between 95 and 8.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1fastxc said:
I'm staying right in North Branch. What is the best way to get out of town and get to the site. Also what is the reason they don't want people coming east on 95 to the site?
Not sure if you're on the east or west side of 35. But the reason is the streets and bridge are narrow and under construction, there are several stoplights right next to each other and so forth. On a normal Friday one can spend 20 mins or more getting from one side of town to the other. And that's without all the big truck/trailers that HayDays attracts.
If you're east of 35 you'll be fine. It's getting across the bridge that is a pain. Next year there will be a nice new one in place.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm east of 35 right off the highway. So it'll be alright to just take 95 straight over to the site in the morning then? Just wondering since i've read elsewhere that the Barons want everyone coming in from the south.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
gotta keep us lunda boys working!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1fastxc said:
I'm east of 35 right off the highway. So it'll be alright to just take 95 straight over to the site in the morning then? Just wondering since i've read elsewhere that the Barons want everyone coming in from the south.
You can come on 95 from there.

For others not staying in NB we're encouraging the other routes due to the construction in NB and as a courtesy to the residents that live there. It can be rather congested on a normal day.. Hence the use of the backroads.

p.s. swappers were already lined up yesterday!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Alright thanks. We'll be in the swap too. Leaving now. Hopefully we don't have to wait in line too long since we bought spots online. Thanks for the info, it was very helpful.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I came from the north, taking Sunrise Rd from Harris. Very smooth sailing, both because no other cars took that route and because the road has brand spanking new tar on it! It went great until I tried to cross Highway 95. I got to the intersection just as the traffic control officer did. Everybody was turning off 95 to follow sunrise Rd to loop around and enter Haydays from the south. Unfortunately I did the same, and ended up sitting in line right at 7AM for 2.5 hours to get onsite parking (luckily, I know that's much less than most waited). If I had turned off Sunrise and took 95 west to enter Haydays from the North it probably would've only been half hour wait, but what can ya do? If I had gotten there 15-30 minutes earlier, it would've been a breeze.

I feel the situation was handled very well for the first year at the site. The plane banner promises big changes in 2011, I hope that follows through so the Sally's don't get their panties in a bunch next year. You can't expect 75% of the people to show up late to any event and NOT wait in line. This has been the main rule for Haydays ever since I went when I was little in the mid '90s: You have to get there EARLY if you want to get in.

The only real problem that happened this weekend is people like to complain about things that are their own fault.

·
Registered
171 Posts
They need to figure out where to park people period!!! We were 3 miles out and a cop pulled up and said there are turning people away. I expected it to be a record year in attendance, so should they. Parking Parking Parking. Not only were people complianing about the wait, but every vendor I talked to also had sumthin to say that they weren't happy about. We all have to understand that it was a new location, but they gotta make sure they do sumthin to accomadate the people. I seen a huge wide open feild with hardly any trees in it right next to the grounds. Buy it! Turn it into parking! Who cares how much it costs, they'll make the money back. Other than that, it was pertty much the same old haydays. Anything to do with snowmobiling kicks ass and I would wait a couple hours in line to do it again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts