Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting a gmax gm37x helmet. It convers from a full face to a mx style, really cool looking and im thinking functional as well. Any thoughts? I dont know how to post links but pats small engine has them for 79.99 look up psep.biz and there in there. Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have had several gmax helmet and have been happy with them I have had the 38x model which is just a full face but it works good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the Gmax full face/mx helmet and love it. I use a breath box and googles in the winter and us it as full face when i ride my road bike during the summer. Thats a good price too. I paid i think $96 for mine last fall.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet! Im gonna order one today! I just hate ordering helmets without trying them on, but nowhere around here sells them so I gotta just do it

·
Registered
166 Posts
i also have g-max helmemts as well...one mx and one full face modular snow,,,very nice lids and have served me well over the yrs,,,i would deff buy another one....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man they are alot cheaper than most too, I like that

·
Registered
458 Posts
dirtydan said:
Ha yea i just looked at that 2 days ago, im probly ordering one before the season.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jeremybeaner said:
dirtydan said:
Ha yea i just looked at that 2 days ago, im probly ordering one before the season.
Ya I think I want the black and silver one[:)]

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I bought a silver/black modular last fall. Electric shield, sun visor etc.
It was like $150 and that's about $100+ cheaper than most modulars with electric shields.

Great helmet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
now I just gotta figure out the size, m or l. My head size is right in the middle of the two, I guess a little bigger is better than getting a headache from one thats too small huh?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dman said:
I bought a silver/black modular last fall. Electric shield, sun visor etc.
It was like $150 and that's about $100+ cheaper than most modulars with electric shields.

Great helmet.
Thats cool, im just worrisd about sizing

·
Registered
463 Posts
i've had a gm44s for 2 seasons now, its a modular with the optional heated shield, the helmet fits good it doesnt leak like some modulars do and the heated shield is very nice. it also has the flip down tinted visor wich i took off because when its flipped up it's like a big spoiler on top of your head and the wind feels like it can rip your head off! the only gripe i have is that the double lens on the heated shield seem to be seperating in one little spot around where the heatinng element is hooked up!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A heated sheild would be nice... is the seperation right in direct veiw?

·
Registered
463 Posts
dirtydan said:
A heated sheild would be nice... is the seperation right in direct veiw?
ummm i think it will be soon! there is like a steel grommet in the middle bottom of the lens, it's right at the very tip of my nose, it looks like there's a bubble in between the lenses and it seems to be growing over time!

my gmax heated sheild is nice, it has never froze over at all even in freezing rain, if its kinda warm out it'll actually make my head sweat!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One heck of a deal!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
They run on the small side. I took a XXL and my melon ain't relaly that big. Maybe 7 1/8-3/8" hat.
If you are inbetween, got for the larger size. or 2. once you put you liner underneath, it should be fine.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Dman said:
They run on the small side. I took a XXL and my melon ain't relaly that big. Maybe 7 1/8-3/8" hat.
If you are inbetween, got for the larger size. or 2. once you put you liner underneath, it should be fine.
wow that far off huh? I wear a 7 1/2 hat, am i going to need a XXXL?

Well i just measured my head and used there sizing chart, and my head is the large helmet, so i would probly order an XL right? i currently use an AFX XL and it fits perfect.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts