Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what percent my yellow smith option snow goggle tint is? I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet. Also what is the 509 chrome yellow tint percent? Has anybody ever used window tint and tinted their lens? I was think about tinting my lens with 35% or so tint. I not for sure how it will work. Tell me what you guys think about this idea? Thanks

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
^ I have no idea what percent tint goggles are. all I know is that whatever tint I want to where is the tint i will wear. on the 509's orange tint compared to Scotts orange tint the 509's are more orange, maybe that is why Scott calls it rose amber

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I have never seen lenses referred to by tint percent, only by lens color. Personally, I think actual "tinted" goggles would only be nice on exceptionally bright, bluebird type days. Most other days, they would be too dark to depict terrain.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Quinlan said:
I have never seen lenses referred to by tint percent, only by lens color. Personally, I think actual "tinted" goggles would only be nice on exceptionally bright, bluebird type days. Most other days, they would be too dark to depict terrain.
I agree. Even with my 509's, the factory lenses are a little dark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts