Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we are getting close to Christmas so everyone is demanding a list, figured id put a new set of goggles on there. I was looking at scott xi89 turboflows but it seems that they have dropped them? Then i remembered 509 sinisters which i think looks like a great goggle. Which of these goggles would you guys have? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Dakota

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Empire087 said:
Well we are getting close to Christmas so everyone is demanding a list, figured id put a new set of goggles on there. I was looking at scott xi89 turboflows but it seems that they have dropped them? Then i remembered 509 sinisters which i think looks like a great goggle. Which of these goggles would you guys have? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Dakota
Depending on how either fits in your helmet, my personal opinion is, the 509 Films sinister goggles worked exactly the same as the Scotts. Loved both. I will be running 509s until mine fall apart, and then I will switch back to Scotts. The Scott 89xi's are what I had, and I also had some other ones ( Voltage X or something like that ). Both great goggles. I will be trying the Scott Voltage ProAirs next. They look like an overall kickass goggle but I have not used them and cannot review them.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've got 509s and like them a lot. Not a bad price here: http://www.jazzmotorsports.com/509-c-6_13_198_1967.html

Can't speak for other though. Used them last season and worked really well in all conditions, i just bought some polarized lenses for this year.

It's hard to beat the value of the 509 Sinisters

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I like my scotts never had a problem with them. I am going to be trying out the new model scott hustle goggles this winter hopefully they will be as good or better than the bulletproof 89xi's

·
Registered
848 Posts
Empire087 said:
Well we are getting close to Christmas so everyone is demanding a list, figured id put a [highlight=yellow]new set of goggles[/highlight=yellow] on there. I was looking at scott xi89 turboflows but it seems that they have dropped them? Then i remembered 509 sinisters which i think looks like a great goggle. Which of these goggles would you guys have? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Dakota
What was your previous pair? Did you like them?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I just got My 89 Xi Scott's 2 week's ago.
I did'nt have the impression they were being phased out.
Very comfortable goggle, fit's My new Fly helmet perfectly, the nose piece give's a little extra wind protection.
Can't really comment on the light sensitive lense yet, as I have'nt had much chance to see them working yet.

Rick

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right now im running smith snow fuels, pretty darn good goggles. My biggest complaint is they want 20$ for the nose piece.
I also wanted to try something new.

http://www.scott-sports.com/us_en/category/9942/goggles
Theyre not there anymore not sure why. I did get to play with a pair and they felt awsome, just not sure if there are better goggles out there.

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
The Scotts are hard to beat for the money. I've had a couple pairs and never had a problem. Right now I rotate between 509 Sinister's, Smith Snow Warp's, and Spy Targa II's.

If you're bored, do some searches on goggles here and/or other snowmobile forums. I'm sure you'll have plenty to read. There is obviously no one pair that is better than the rest, or everyone would be running them.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Right now i have a couple of pairs of scott turboflow and there pretty good i just got a pair of spy targa 2 shiny black lense and they seem pretty good too.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have a pair of Scott 89XI's (light sensitive/dual lense) and I love them. Your never squinting or worrying about the glare from the sun off the snow and they have always kept my face nice and warm. Not to mention no problems with fogging up. I highly reccomend them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Oakley Shaun white a frame and the Splice snow goggles are my top picks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Depending on how either fits in your helmet, my personal opinion is, the 509 Films sinister goggles worked exactly the same as the Scotts. Loved both. I will be running 509s until mine fall apart, and then I will switch back to Scotts. The Scott 89xi's are what I had, and I also had some other ones ( Voltage X or something like that ). Both great goggles. I will be trying the Scott Voltage ProAirs next. They look like an overall kickass goggle but I have not used them and cannot review them.
I am as well going after the Scott Voltage Pro Airs just fits the mx helmets so good!
Depending on how either fits in your helmet, my personal opinion is, the 509 Films sinister goggles worked exactly the same as the Scotts. Loved both. I will be running 509s until mine fall apart, and then I will switch back to Scotts. The Scott 89xi's are what I had, and I also had some other ones ( Voltage X or something like that ). Both great goggles. I will be trying the [highlight=yellow]Scott Voltage ProAirs [/highlight=yellow]next. They look like an overall kickass goggle but I have not used them and cannot review them.
thats where it's at!, I am as well going after the Scott Voltage Pro Airs just fits the mx helmets so good.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have 509 sinisters(blue/gold) and pro grip with light sensative lens. The 509's are great but do flow a bit of air, which works well with my contacts. The pro grips are actually single lens atv goggles but they have never fogged up ever. So the single vs double lens debate is a moot point to me.

What ever you get make sure they fit you and your helmet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts