Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Avalanche danger obviously extreme... but just going to Boulder & Frisbee... any1 been there lately? what's the conditions like?... heard on weathernetwork that heavy rainfall warning in effect... hopefully that translates into heavy pow up top.... [:p]

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sorry to burst your buble man. One of my friends lives there, none of the locals are goin past the cabin on boulder because EVERYTHING is letting go. Even the little slopes on the side of the marsh let go the other day. I phoned Glacier house today cause my dad and i wanted to go up and they told us that unless we were prepared to stay below the cabin on boulder its not really worth it to go up. Things could change there real fast though, hopefully you have a good trip though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn!... might think about Valemont then instead... if you hear anymore please let me know, and thanx for the info

·
Registered
874 Posts
Originally posted by Anchorman
[br]Damn!... might think about Valemont then instead... if you hear anymore please let me know, and thanx for the info
We just got back from Valemount. Avy conditions are extreme...fresh slides visible everywhere. There were very few good slopes that we took chances on. We triggered at least 2 slides on smaller slopes ourselves. Snow is great though! Really sucked not being able to do much climbing.

During Saturday's hillclimb competition at Clemina, a guy on a REV made it to the top but not over...started to sidehill and triggered an avy. That REV came down the mountain faster than anything I've ever seen...over a virtual cliff at least 80 feet high...followed by the rider...no injuries. One of the wildest things I've ever seen. We were sitting beside the pits at the bottom of the hill and I happened to be filming this guy during his climb. Once the avy started, we all kind of panicked...I threw the camera on the dash, started my sled and got out of the way. In hindsight, we were perfectly safe as there was a gully between the slope and the pits. I knew the gully was there cause I rode through it several times, but once that slide started, instinct said "[email protected]#$ the gully, get out of the way!" I've got a 6mb video that I can email if anyone wants it. Like I said, I've only got the beginning of the slide on tape. Too bad I didn't stay put...would have been great footage.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I put the vid on my website....
here's the link,
(edit, sorry had to remove, webpage was over storage limit)
enjoy

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
You da Anchorman....thanks for posting.

Great video, the crowd sure sounded neat, just like being there.

Do you have anymore vids of hillclimbs Flange...very cool.

Did that guy almost loose it half way up, it was hard to tell from the vid?

It was very funny to watch the camera hit the dash and you pull'n that cats tail to get the f*#k out of there...but I be do'in the same if I were you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts