Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would post this in the vintage section, but ill get more respnses here, and i need them pretty quickly. I was driving past savage L&B Dodge in Robesonia, its right on 422, im sure quite a few of you PA folks know where it is. I saw 2 sleds sitting on a trailer and i could tell they were from the 70's. I pass them every day on the bus, and every day i try and figure out what they are. So today i called, and heres what the service guy told me. He said theyre his managers, $400 takes both sleds, not the trailer. He said one is a polaris, one is an arctic cat. The years are both 1977's and both have 500 motors. I almost positive the cat id a panther, cause i can see that from the side, but the other sled im not sure. It has the storage compartment in the back seat, and i could swear the side of the hood looks like a TX, but i dont think they had a 500 motor. Anybody know if they had a TX 500? im almost postive these will be my next 2 sleds. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i didnt find any 500cc motors at all for 77 polaris, im thinkin it could just be a 440, i think from the side a TX, it really does look like it from the side, but in the back it has a storage compartment that you can faintly make out the polaris....Im really pysched to go up and find out what they are, i narrowed down my cat searches to a panther or a pantera

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Pop the hood, and look at tag on the block. If it's covered in grime or unreadable look for a model in the casting.

EC34 is Electronic CDI 340
EC44 is " " 440

The numbers after those are just different variations of the same engine. They also designate fan/ F/A / liquid cooled. The first 4 are the most important in this case.
Get the #'s and post em up - I'm interested in what you have.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i will, but i gotta get up there first..lol...i dunno my dads not a sled guy, he hates em, so when i talk about them he blows me off, but ill see if he'll take a ride up with me tonight, im kinda excited, a TX is like the #2 sled i want.....a 440 would be even better, the #1 sled i want is an 81 eltigre 6000.....and im goin to look at one of those soon too!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bryan, Cats are the main sled i collect, i know almost everything about them pre-82, yea if that panther has the 500, it will definetly be mean, 500 with 48hp, that was alot for back then. Not sure on how much the TX will have, damn i really hope its a TX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts