Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 94 mach z 780 and i was wondering how big of lug i can get for it and how big of studs i can get on it too. also what can i do to it to make it faster?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Is this your first sled? If you want to go faster you could look at clutch kits, I think it's already piped.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its my first sled, but i have ridden sleds before. clutch kits by what companies? and what about a track someone told me to get a 1.25 lug and no studs i dont plan on racing on ice but i would ride a little on the lakes nearby.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I am not sure on clutch kits for ski doo's but if you ride lakes i would suggest studs.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah with that power I would suggest studs too. Those things can really get away from you.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
614 Posts
Buy a shim kit. What this is, is a thick plate that goes on the bottom of your cylinders and a machined head. You install this and you don't have to do anything else.[no jetting] What it does is changes your port timing to give more hp and does not change compression therefore not hurting the motor. Go to www.sledpro.com I think they sell them.
p.s. watch for crank bearings on the 780 they've been known to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts