Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i think about that in june i am going to start ordering 4 secondary springs 4 helixes and a couple pairs of wieghts. then a jet board and some more sets of jets. then a speed track . not all in june some each month till janruary. i can even get a new helmet this winter mine is 7 years old. have a chick airbrushed on the back like a dirt bike t shirt. its only the end of april and i am already excited for next winter. man i am in for some long days.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i cant wait for winter too, such a loooooonnnnnng wait.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
i fling poo [/quote]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, same here... I live for winter!! I sometimes pull the tarp in the summer and fire the girl up just to hear that nice music; I sometimes even take her outside for a little ride around the house. I can't help myself, I can't wait. I also enter some local grass drags just for kicks, I know I don't really don't stand a chance with my 93 Plus X, but hey, last year I beat a modified 2001 ZR 500, so for 10$ it was worth it! Well, anyways winter rules big time in my book!

A low windshield is nice, but frostbite isn't

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Com'on guys, waters good too! Buy a boat.

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I agree with SledHead on this one, I can't wait to start Salmon fishing!!! To tell you the truth though this summer could suck, next month I find out if I have to go to Saudi Arabi for six months.....that would not be good.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, that doesn't sound like much fun!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't figure there are too many Salmon to catch over in Saudi. On a lighter note I just had my boat all tuned up and it is ready to go.... Hope to get out and catch some crappies this week. My Moto is Fish in the Summer, Ride in the Winter.

I think its Snowing!!
1999 Polaris XCR 440

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
hell ive already fired both my sleds up a few times already. i wish i really had a winter this past season it sucked

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
here here bobinwi, everyones winter sucked
...well maybe not alaskangold's, with that damn 5 ft of snow!...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
No there's probely not to many salmon in Saudi, but here in Alaska there is!! Like I said I still don't know where I'll be, if Uncle Sam gives the word then I'll be in Saudi. I'am going to Japan for a couple weeks, that should be fun!! Oh and yes SledHead it's been a tough winter up here!!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I was just curious alaskangold, where in alaska are you? How do you like it up there?

Well I can see from your profile that its fairbanks. So how about the second question.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Alaskangold:
Oh and yes SledHead it's been a tough winter up here!!

[/quote]

OH well theres no need to rub it in!!!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
My bad SledHead! To answer Tfin's question: Man I love it here!!, I got stationed here by the Air Force, that was the best damn thing that could have came from enlisting. Now when my time is up I'm gonna go into the Air Guard to make sure I stay here. Fairbanks isn't Anchorage but it's cool, we get a little warmer weather in the summer and good mountain riding is only a two hour drive down the road. I recomend to anyone to visit this state some day, just for the experience. Especially if you like ANYTHING outdoors!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got that right......I'm from Anchorage, good riding is about a two hour drive "up the road", hehe. Wish I was still there
, down in college (Oregon) for my first year :) ......Yeah, we have milder winters here in anchorage than fairbanks, but fairbanks does have some nice summers, being in the interior and whatnot, but anyway, i'm just sayin what Alaskangold has already said so......

'99 Arctic Cat Powder Special 600

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
It looks great out that way, I went out to Lake Louis for a week with my family to do a little skiing. The weather was great, and the snow was plentiful! Every time I saw a sled go by I started to drool. I kept asking my dad to rent some sleds, but he kept saying it was to much $$. Sure would have been nice to try it out there. I have dreams of heading out that way, in a few years. Probably 20 at the rate the moneys comin in right now. But its a plan...
Enough babbling for me.

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The west is were it's at for powder riding, I've rode in all states in the NW (grew up in Washington) and can say if I don't stay here I'll definatly be headed back to WA. Also the Cascades up in Canada are the shit too, if been to a couple mountains there snowboarding... man I kinda miss home!! Oh and SledHead I heard Cantwell got another foot or two this last week!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Gimmie a break! I don't think that is a good thing to say to me when I'm in this kinda condition.

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Man, I really hope to be able to check out Alaska some day, I've always wanted to see it. I'm into a lot of outdoor activities, so it sounds like an absolute paradice for that!

I'd love to find a fisheries biologist job up there, but man....what a move that would be all the way from Maine! Oh well, who know what the future holds.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey Tfin, there are plenty of job like that aroudn there. My dad works for a fishing company (stolt sea farms). They breed there own fish in pens and such. Last summer we headed out to vancouver, and then out to Victoria. It was a blast and the seenery was amazing. It was pretty interesting to take a boat out to the base of a huge cliff and see a house just floating there. Anyway, it was pretty interesting.

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
That sounds totally cool. I'll have to wait untill my "better half" finishes her degree, before I can think of moving anywhere. Alaska sure would be a nice place to hang my hat for a while though............

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts