Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to look at a 2000 F-150 XLT 4X4, I've been looking for a truck for awhile, and this one looks like a good deal.

Don't bag on Ford in this topic, I like them, they've been good to us and I just don't want to hear it.

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/2000F-150goingtosee.jpg

That's what I'm going to see...

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
nice truck, but have you looked at the the super duty line. They rock. I have one. More of a pulling vehicle than the 1/2 ton trucks.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
FORDS are awesom...whoever says otherwise can take it up with my a$$ or fist, either one...your choce. Im just messin,but really fords are awesome and very dependiabe!

·
Registered
277 Posts
P-man, nice looking truck. The back seats are useless in the regular chassis, unless your about 4 foot and 60 pounds. The Super Duty line has a real backseat, just like my Silverado!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's a great truck, Pman, even if I am a little biased! (I maintain the machines that make the cylinder block in that truck!) I wouldn't worry too much about the small back seat unless you are planning on having people back there all the time. It's not that bad to sit in if it's for relatively short rides; I wouldn't want to ride across the country back there, but I doubt that's why you're buying it!

FWIW, because we work there a lot of the guys I work with drive those trucks and I hear a lot of good things about them.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm lookin for the extended cab mostly for short rips from field to field (on the farm) or to toss helmets and ski pants and stuff while pulling 2 sleds, which I think a 1/2 ton is good enough for (Dad's 1995 F-150 has been good enough for that)

Other than that it's to be my main vehicle and mostly farm work, so I can haul dripping hydraulic hoses, seed, and other farm type stuff in the box where it's wash-able with a pressure-washer. It's also in my price range (don't forget, I'm only 20 yrs old and poor)

My other option was a 2001 Chevy Duramax, but those just cost too much. Beautiful trucks though. I am still quite particular to Ford, because our family has had nothing but success with them, and I hope to continue that trend with my new vehicle.

We'll see what the dealer has to say tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
you wont regret it...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Even though I'm not a ford fan [:D] it certainly is a nice looking truck. A buddy of mine had one, all black. He put on 58,000 trouble free miles before he traded. Let us know if you get it!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I checked it out, deciding now...

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, I made up my mind, I'm pickin it up on thursday.

[:D]

·
Registered
187 Posts
only advice i can give is to NOT increase tire size... i did it on the wife's 2001 f150 ex-cab 4x4,... with cruise control on going down the highway @ 120km/h,(75 MPH for my US buds) the OD kicks out & back in on every friggin small incline... it's annoying as hell... but it's been a great truck & I'm sure you'll enjoy.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
next time you could get with 3.73 gears or not go so big in tire size.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just so everyone knows, I don't mod things, I will not change anything on this thing except maybe the deck. I don't do audio, I don't care about any of that stuff.

I like it when I get in, turn the key, and drive.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Too bad it wasn't a CHEVY LMAO just kidding I will stick to my old 1982 chevy heavy half. It is a nice looking truck. But remmeber ford stands for fu*# on race day. Ya I know someone will say first on race day, thats only because it was towed there by a chevy hahahahah. Good luck with your new truck

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.