Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I think you can do better then that since I see some of the cheapest sleds seem to be in Wisconsin, but I'm not 100% sure. Have seen them go for that much here. Love that sled though.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
doesnt look to bad, but i would never buy a race just because thats alot of stress on an engine in that heat

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
doesnt look to bad, but i would never buy a race just because thats alot of stress on an engine in that heat
It kind of depends on how it was treated, like if it was jetted properly etc. I would buy from a race team (they know what their doing) rather then an individual that bought one and raced it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
thats my buddys old sled was his back up never got raced and there family is big into raceing with cars and sleds so its pretty well taken care of.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
POLARISDOMINATOR said:
http://appleton.craigslist.org/rvs/1900986303.html
what are you looking to do w/ it?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
the only thing i wonder is why the new motor?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
the only thing i wonder is why the new motor?
I was kind of wondering that too but it doesn't really matter, at least he knows it wasn't raced on that engine. If it was rebuilt I would ask why. It probably got a new engine because it was going to be a backup sled and it had already been raced two years? That's my guess, unless the other one blew up.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
The 05 motor had problems with oiling the center crank bearing. Most likely blew up and put the motor in that didnt have that problem. Seems to much for what it is.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
sledcrusher said:
The 05 motor had problems with oiling the center crank bearing. Most likely blew up and put the motor in that didnt have that problem. Seems to much for what it is.
ok gotcha, kinda the same deal as the 800's had, but i guess as long as the 07 motor wasnt raced it wouldnt make much difference to me on the rest of the chassis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts