Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here are the recent updates from Jackman and Pittson Farms:

Jackman: 1/16: Bishop's Motel web site reports "LATEST UPDATE: SNOW!!! WE RECEIVED BETWEEN 6 & 7 INCHES OF SNOW IN TOWN, NOT SURE HOW MUCH MORE NORTH OF TOWN. OVERVIEW: ALL TRAILS SHOULD BE OPEN FOR THIS WEEKEND I'LL KEEP YOU UPDATED.
BORDER RIDERS CLUB TRAIL (40 mile loop): OPEN
PITTSTON FARM/NORTHEAST CARRY AREA: OPEN WITH A DETOUR & LIMITED
(SIGNING IS NOT THE BEST BECAUSE OF THE DETOUR)
ITS 89 NORTH: OPEN
IN TOWN TRAIL: CLOSED
ITS 88: ROCKWOOD TRAIL CONDITIONS: CLOSED
ITS 89 SOUTH: EUSTIS : CLOSED
COMMENTS: WITH COLD WEATHER ON TOP OF THIS SNOW, IT'S LOOKING GOOD FOR DECENT RIDING REAL SOON!!

(this one is from 1/9, but they just got another 6 inches yesterday too)

Pittston Farm:1/9: Pittston Farm web site reports "Snow covers the ground here, we received about 4-5" of snow yesterday. All trails are snowcovered between here,Jackman and Northeast Carry.Good riding from here to Northeast Carry and back. We will be grooming Seboomook Rd. tonight,temperature permitting. Beware of ice under snow, especially the corners. Trails located in the woods need more snow before grooming can take place. Drive to our lodge where we have plenty of parking for your trailer and sleds, great food, comfortable rooms and hospitality second to none! We will keep you informed with two trail reports a week. It's time to do the snow Dance! Be sure to check out our webcams for live pictures of current conditions, updated every 5 minutes!"

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
YOu won't be riding from town. Drop your sled up the road (201) at the snowmobile club parking lot and ride from there. You'll be able to get to PF. Probably hit a few rocks on the way, but if you're carefull you should be fine. Trail up to Canada is OK. That's what I've read at least. I cannot get my friends to get off their arses and ride yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jackman is already grooming today, and it will be all done by Friday. Also, the Bangor area is supposed to get 5-7 more inches this Friday. Not sure about Jackman, but they must be getting some. Also not sure what that does for your commute.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br]YOu won't be riding from town. Drop your sled up the road (201) at the snowmobile club parking lot and ride from there. You'll be able to get to PF. Probably hit a few rocks on the way, but if you're carefull you should be fine. Trail up to Canada is OK. That's what I've read at least. I cannot get my friends to get off their arses and ride yet.
Hey big head, careful how you speak of your friends. Hope you were refering to BARTMAN. You only want to go because your live in hormone house. [:D]

BIL called tonight he has something cooking. He has connections in the queen city checking some potential riding areas out.[^]

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
In 3-4 weeks, just head on out to Denmark. We'll show you some nice smooth trails and lakes.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Ah yes the hormone jungle. Kinda like being on here with the CYI. They'll take you riding bossman. If we get 6-inches more we should at least get out for a ride an hour north of here or so next week. I still want to get a couple days in. RR beds are all good to go in The County.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts