Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going back this Saturday morning. I got the 900 primed and ready to rock! Broke the engine in two weeks ago. Now I've got the Speedwerx can put on. The ATACC is installed and the carbs re-jetted. I modified the airbox and dash to get more air. Re-clutched the primary to get the revs back down to 7400. Installed V-Force 3's and reed spacers. Sucked in the front limiter strap to keep the front end down a bit more. According to dyno charts of other machines with similar mods, should be getting 156-158hp out of it now.

There's powder up to your neck at Revy so I can't wait to see how the Kitty Cat performs. Early reports from others say it does very well.

We are going with another 900 that's stock, and a couple of Snowchecked Summit 800HO's. It's gonna be fun!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada. It's a couple hundred miles north of Idaho. You know where Idaho is don't you? [:D]

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Come get me, I am in Ontario. (Just kidding) Just send a couple of truck loads of snow out here, I wan't to try my cat in the deep snow.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We got back last night at 8:30pm after a couple of days riding. Conditions were good. Snow levels are still down from normal for this time of year...never realized that the trees were that tall! We found as much as 3' fresh. Kitty performed awesome! Just a slight burble when first on the throttle. It's not enough to really cause a problem, more annoying than anything as it disappears almost instantly. Looks like I need to adjust the air screw next time out.

We spent Saturday on Boulder. Mike's sled blew up on the trial in so his weekend was over. He should have it fixed for next weekend!

We went to Keystone on Sunday. Conditions were better there. Only saw a few others on the whole mountain!

Everyone had fun and nobody got hurt!

This was taken 3 weeks ago on Frisby Ridge.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
What sled did he blow up? Hopefuly not the snowchecked Doo Doo! Glad to hear you Cat performed, that's what I've been hearing from others so far....might get a chance to demo one from my dealer after the first of the year, can't wait. Anyway the sled looks great as do the pics!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
His MXZ700 blew up. Not sure what year. He had just got a bunch of work done to the engine too! Not a very happy guy!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Nice pics. I can see 2 Mountain cat's they both look like 800's, but what is the ski-doo, and was it a long track.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Flange what gas can do you have on your rack. I want to put some more fuel on my 800 151 just in case. Also do you ever kick it when going from one side of the sled to the other.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They may look like 8's, but actually they're 9's. The Summit is an 800 Highmark 151".

There's actually 2 two gallon gas cans on the rack. Haven't kicked them yet, but I did stand on them when I buried the machine on the side of a really steep hill!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Has any body here heard of gas buddies, I think that's what there called, they hold a couple of gallons, it's like the reserve tank on a quad.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Clear tanks look cooler than stupid black boring ones.

IMO anyway

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Nice Pics,
I have a buddy who has the 900 and it was a blast to ride, get up on top really good. Has incredible traction and power. If I go to a twin that is the sled for me. The conditions look a lot like they are north of here at Eureka, I found a couple of hills I had to turn around on, 3' of powder and steeeeeep hills are great. (I need a dig camera)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by bcook3396
[br]Any reason you took the tank cover off? Or maybe its your buddy that did it?
Sorry bcook, I missed your question. I took the vinyl tank cover off for two reasons. Every pound seems to count when on the mountain, and while the vinyl itself only weighs ounces, alot of moisture builds up between it and the tank and that has to weigh something. I also really like to be able to tell how much is in the tank at a glance, more so when the gas gets low. I hate getting to the parking lot with fuel left over.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts