Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post. I have only gone to Wisconsin and UP and rode trails for the last 15 years. No snow has forced me to find other places and my group has chose Snowy Range. We are staying at Wycolo Lodge. Does anyone have any advise for me for this trip? I have a 98 zr 600 efi, and with me will be the following,06 FST touring, 06 RS Vecter, 01 ZRT 600, 01 ZL 550, 2000 ZR 600 EFI. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was just there last weekend. The trails were in good shape and well marked. The trails are wide and flat. I think they just got some more snow. Your short tracks will be fine on the trail. Off the trial, there wasn't much for any long tracks. Keep in mind the trail systems are very long, so plan out your gas stops. Also over there it’s very windy, so it’s like a mid-west cold. Enjoy!

·
Registered
963 Posts
welcome to the forum. i have heard there is some good snow in WY now. there are many guys that live there that should get you some good help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Cokingcat, how far is it between gas stops? Can I start planning on the net or do I need a map of better quality? Thank you.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wycolo lodge should have everthing for ya.Trail maps,permits and you can rent a new 07 RMK if you want.I think it's around $190 a day.And they serve some really good meals and some strong drinks.Have fun!!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I hope your not leaving today or tomorrow. cause your not gunna get there. I-80 has been closed for 2 days now and no way in or out down there. Just had a buddy go back to collage in Laramie and has to stay in Cheyenne until they open the roads again. some roads closed up here at the northern end of the state too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by lx178
[br]Hey Cokingcat, how far is it between gas stops? Can I start planning on the net or do I need a map of better quality? Thank you.
Wycolo has gas, Albany lodge has gas, Maybe Snowy mountain Lodge and Foxpark. I am guessing the Place and Medicine box lodge (same vicinity) has gas. Figure 20 miles minimum to each.

You can get the Trail map at: http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/request/maprequest_orv.htm and a better map (not a snowmobile map)from the Medicine Box National Forest.

Kenny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts