Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im gonna go take a look at the 07 M8 162 this weekend that a guy wants to trade me for my 06 F7. Im bringing a buddy with me to help inspect it to see if its gonna be a good trade. Here are some pics i have of it. Has around 2000 miles on it. Looking for some opions based on the pics from you guys and what you think. Gonna bring a compression tester with me. Any advice you guys have on what to look for is very much appreciated. 201111015551504_28768.jpg
201111015558207_28768.jpg
20111101564801_28768.jpg
201111015611926_28768.jpg
201111015617551_28768.jpg
201111015621786_28768.jpg
201111015626332_28768.jpg

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
IMHO

Are you changing your riding habits or? Why such a drastic change? A 121" to a 162" is a big jump..And will be overkill for low snow conditions, not a trail machine. This isn't like a crossover sled where its both worlds, its a pretty strict deep snow sled.

My old boss always told me, a little paint covers alot of damage, and I have that feeling about this sled. (this guy just forgot to paint, lol)

The bellypan is rather chewed up, where most would invest in a skid/float plate after seeing that, or to protect further damage

a-arms tweeked (possibility of structural?)

Graphics removed/torn (lots of scratches prior to removal?) Just did it quickly to make it look good?

Engine seems clean, but rust tells me outside storage (on such a new sled?)

IMO (again) I would be asking a lot of questions, why is he doing such a major change? which sled brings more value in your area?

A sled like that looks like it had 2000 (low) HARD miles, and the seller is getting rid of it before another year/2 of trashing brings down value severly.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Luke, you can get caught up on the subject HERE.

I do agree though, the sled does look used and abused. The front bumper has more damage than any I've seen. The fact that it has a hitch means it could have been pulled hard. In the last pic, it almost looks like the tail of the tunnel has been replaced? There's two different shades of gray going on there, unless it's an illusion. It also looks like new rivets on the joint.

Definitely look that one over with a fine tooth comb...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
From the pictures and as others have stated I would be very careful. From what I've told, towing with M-sleds really hurts the diamond drive and shortens its life by far. It does seem like it has a hard 2000 miles. My sled just crossed the 2000K mile marker and it looks nothing like that. I would be wary of that sled.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think im gonna just hang on to my sled for now. Now that quinlan said the color difference and new rivits on the tail extension really made me wonder. Took the pick and blew it up on photoshop and thats definately a new tail extension on there. Plus I dont want to trade a great sled with no problems to a potential money pit.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Thanks Quinlan-

Id stay away after Quinlan pointed out that tail- Good Eye! Probably means a hard tail landing (check rails for hairline cracks) or it came off when pulling another sled, ha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts