Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine gave me the idea of putting a snowmobile motor in a golf cart. He has a yamaha golf cart that he put a 583 ski-doo rotax motor in. After seeing, and riding, this contraption, i was hooked. I bought an early 80's yamaha golf cart and i put a john deer jdx fan cooled 440cc snowmobile motor in it. It was great fun running down the road at 40mph and doing burn-outs also. This all came to an end when the fan cooled motor, due to the lack of cool fresh air, got too hot from being under the hood of the golf cart. Now my project is motorless and i need sugestions for a motor to put in it. I want it to be liquid cooled, 500-600cc's(twin prefered), and also electric start. I know i know i could put many different motors in it but i am specifically looknig for one with these things for power,easy starting, and not having to worry about it blowing up again. any suggestions?...let me know thanks jeff

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I would look for a Rotax 583. Those motors are bulletproof. The are approved for use in ultralight aircraft.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
my stepbrother took an old suzuki 80 fourwheeler and a golfcart split both in have with the quad front ed up golcart back in the rear, from using a bunch of parts, a hand shifter and a couple old seats from a jeep cherokee we got it doing 60..sadly we snapped it in half when we hit a diversion ditch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts