Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i went to look up the speedo parts that i needed for my new zr today, and i just need the square drive pin and the 3 hole adapter cover that drives the speedo. parts total wasnt bad at 50$ give or take but any of the online places i could find the stuff at wanted a minimum of 15.00 or more regardless of size etc. so who should i be ordering my cat parts from aside from the local guy??? i dont have an arctic cat dealer near me nor do i have an easy schedule to be able to go to the closest dealer to me.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
NHRedneck said:
hey guys, i went to look up the speedo parts that i needed for my new zr today, and i just need the square drive pin and the 3 hole adapter cover that drives the speedo. parts total wasnt bad at 50$ give or take but any of the online places i could find the stuff at wanted a minimum of 15.00 or more regardless of size etc. so who should i be ordering my cat parts from aside from the local guy??? i dont have an arctic cat dealer near me nor do i have an easy schedule to be able to go to the closest dealer to me.
I'd just buy the key from a dealer, they are like 7 bucks. Also you could look for a good used cover/gears. I forgot to mention that yamaha or poo keys are the same as cats. You'd have to take what's left of yours to compare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not worried about the gear assembly, ill jsut buy a new one since 40 bucks isnt that bad, i just dont feel like getting raped on shipping for a minimum shipping cost of 15$ regardless of size or distance. thats why im wondering who you guys reccomend ordering from? any cat dealers that sponsor the site etc??

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
It usually depends on what I need as to where I purchase it. If it's simple/little things I have no problem buying them from a local dealer. For larger/more expensive items, I usually resort to an online parts source. Even with a flat shipping fee, they can sometimes be cheaper than dealer cost.

Another factor is how well you like your local dealer. Personally, I do not like my local Cat guys, and have no problem taking the risk of paying a little more elsewhere just to know I don't have to deal with the idiots at the dealer.

I've ordered parts from both www.alpha-sports.com and www.countrycat.net with no problems. I do not recall shipping prices though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts