Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea so i sold my first love last week , my 600 xlt tripple ..man what a sound out of that think as i am shure anyone with a xlt would have to agree with me on that , but the track was on its way out so it was time for a new sled ..and i found the great deal on a sxr what a sled .. i know i jumped ship to a yamaha but these look great now it does not have the rumble of the xlt but i sounds good all the same ..so can anyone tell me any little think i can do to the sxr to tweek it up a little ..or any info on them like problums in the past with them thanks

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
You can put NOS on it(just jokeing). Those things are quick, for a stock sled.

·
Registered
975 Posts
You're gonna have to change your name to newf SXR now.[:D] Just check the power valves and make sure they're good and clean.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i love my xlt tooooo....nuthing like the scream of those three holes at 8000 rpm..not to mention the nice ride of the xtra 12...anyhoo i plan on getting an sx viper next year...that engine sounds SWEET!! yamaha has come a long ways with there sleds ..in my opinion they are #1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Newf XLT What I would do is get carb clean and sank and check your clutch. The sxr are good on gas and oil too. You can also check you oil pump adjustment. If you want to wake it up you can install reeds and exhaust can and you have to rejet. I have a 01 srx 700 and it a blast to ride but it could used long travel but who care it's a blast to ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys ...teamblue just wondering if she will lift her skis , while everything is stock on it or do i have to tune the shocks abit

·
Registered
3 Posts
>>>man what a sound out of that think as i am shure anyone with a xlt would have to agree with me on that

Hey all, I am new here
I have bought a 600 XLT/SKS a weeks ago, yeap obviously I cannot afford a new sled yet.
What kind of problems have you had with your XLT, and what was the top speed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts