Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering (to solve my problem or at least help it) if somebody has a good clutch set up on an 85 Indy 600. I know a couple of you have one of these such as bigwilly. What is in your set up. Weights, springs and helixes, and tension of spring in secondary.
Thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
Here's my setup on my '89 650..
Primary
10 mB weights.. 51 grams..
Almond Primary Spring.
Secondary
Blue secondary spring - 2nd hole..
34 helix.

You can probably use what you have.. what's your current set-up..?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks indy 650. Mine is set up as 10M weights(47mg maybe). Dark blue sping, (Not sure what you meen by almond). My spring in my secondary is red 3rd whole. Not sure what helix is. How do you measure helixs. Any suggestions on if this is a bad or good set up. Thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
By Almond I mean it's almond color or white..

What is you sled doing or not doing..?

Knowing what you are trying to accomplish will make it easier for people to help you..

as far as finding out what helix it is.. There should be a number stamped on the bottom (I think)..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is happening is when it is climbing or in deeper snow and you let off and then try to go it bogs. You have to keep high rpms up in order to climb. Also it tachs out at 8200rpms only doing 75 mph.
Thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
OK,

My sled turns at just under 9grand.. but it has pipes.. To get more RPM in the top end you need less weights..

Also is your secondary is adjustable?.. I had a bit of bogging problem w/ mine, solved it by going to a newer style secondary..

Check the condition of your belt too..

Try moving the red spring to the 4th hole..

Oh whatever you do to your clutching just do one thing at a time, then go for a rip.. see if it helped.. I don't think there is going to be "one" perfect clucth setup it's something you have to play with until it works right for you..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts