Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well saturday I'm going to look at a '06 RMK900. Now I know they had some troubles in the past, but I'm sure they have it worked out now. I mean you can't be number 1 for 14 years without building a good sled!! So he says 3 year bumper to bumper, brand new, it is still sitting in the showroom. $7500.00. I know thats a good price, but is this a good solid sled, or is this one of the troublesome sleds? Now the reason is I'm not a one brand kind of guy. I had a SummitX 670, P.O.S. buy the way, long story. Anyway I now have a '99 ZR 700, 144x2, nice sled. But not really made for mountain riding. My brothers both have '99 RMK 700's, they love them. So I thought I better go look at this sled. So any input would be great.
Thanks, Gerald

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
price seems good. However the 900's had motor mount issues from the get go, now i do think they have updated mounts that relive the problem a bit BUT i think vibration is still a problem for these sleds. Also the injection ecu's for these sleds had a few updates too, be sure to verify this with your dealer before getting the sled. If the sled gets all the updates and as long as you take care of it I am sure it will be a decent machine.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Polaris never got the problems solved with the 900, that is why they axed them from the '07 lineup. There are several aftermarlet items from SLP you could add to alleviate the problems.
There are a couple of members on here that have them and love them. I'm sure you will be hearing from them on this thread. If not,try a search on the 900.

·
Registered
123 Posts
somebody else has saidf this in other links. the 900 doesnt vibrated taht much. iyts just because they came out with it and the motor has so much torque that they need hard motor mounts wihich makes vibrations. look at other sleds trhat vibrate. id go for it ui heard they are crazy in the mountians. and a 3 year warrenty u can really go wrong for taht price.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had an 05 900 that disappointed me but I put 3100 miles on it in a year. I now have an 06 900 which is a much better performing sled then the 05. You will find quite a few 900 RMK's that people on Snowwest are riding. There is a guy on HCS (Getting2old) is his thread name, with an 06 900 Switchback and loves it. $7500.00 isn't bad. Is that out the door or plus tax, freight, set up,
etc, etc???

My std 06 900 was $7,000 plus tax with 1 year warrantee. The motor mounts did not affect the vibration issue, only the clutch alignment.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Buy it, add a 66/44-.46 helix in the secondary and enjoy. Add a couple more grams of weight, and it'll wake up bigtime. Extra venting doesn't hurt either. Good luck with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts