Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Guys,

I stopped by my polaris dealer last night to pick up a couple of bolts and what not. I happend to ask him what he had sitting in the crates, in the 600cc class. He tells me he's got leftover 2003 600 XC SP's for 5200.00 bucks. I was planning on waiting till next year to buy a new sled, but after seeing that there werent any HUGE changes for next years polaris, this is starting to sound like a really good deal. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
366 Posts
what the dif in price from an 04? cause you get PERC on an 04. I am in the market myself and am not sure which way to go. But i guess price would play into it.

Rich

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think about 2000 dollar difference. I think they go for 6800...

[edit] I dont need reverse... I really want to ride the XLT this year but with the low snow in the past two years i just dont think i would get this kind of deal next year. It's less than i paid for my wifes brand new 2002 XC500

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After doing some comparison's i see no reason to buy a 2004 unless you want reverse as a standard, you want their new "phantom" brake and new graphics. All that for 2g's... All other stats are the same. I have also found other places offering similar deals. Now I just need to convince the wife...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check out the StarTrib, I have seen the same sled advertised in the classifieds for about $4600. I think if you call around, you will find even better deals around The Cities.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was planning on calling around tonight. Since i wasnt really lookin for a sled this year i was caught off guard. Do you remember where you saw the 4600 price?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
4600 used or 5200 new, i would go new. should still have warrenty. i paid 5100 new for my 98 600. 5200 5 years later is pretty good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did they have the Team clutch on the '03 sleds? I think thats what is on the '04 so you can have the electronic reverse.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just an FYI i found the 4600 and it is new in the crate. I am going to call them today...
Thanks for that info Snowjimmy....

Dynoman, i am not sure about the Team Clutch. Other than the electronic reverse is there a real advantage to the Team clutch?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the Wife is all cool with it... All it took was telling her that waiting till snow check next year meant i was going to spend another couple grand... I am going to see if my dealer will match the other price that snowjimmy showed me... so i may have a new toy later tonight...

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it's a done deal. I pick it up tomorrow. I added 11 inch chrome windshield with black flames, Red Vent kit, 2" sportech articulating riser, edge running board widening kit, agressive handle bar package(bars, hooks, Grips and Warmers, and the aluminum skid plate... LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'm guessing with the add ons its a little over the $4600, But what a good deal. Thats a real nice sled, Bet you can't wait for it to snow now.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep it was a little more than 4600 but I figured i may as well get all the add on's i would have bought anyway... I was already dying to ride the XLT after all the work I did this summer but now its a hundred times worse...

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kimba,
Yep full warranty, straight outta the crate. They are putting it together and I pick it up at 4 o'clock today. I will post some Before pics. All the add-ons need to be ordered, but once they come in I will put those on myself and post some After pics.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a feeling that all the dealers are going to be competitive with pricing of the 02 and 03's. Glad you got to take advantage of a great deal. Now I have to talk my best friends brother into the same thing. I will just show him this post and he'll jump on it.

This is the worst time of the year for waiting. I love fall, but my XCSP is still brand new to me and I can't wait to get out and ride it again. I only got 1 short trip in last spring because it was so late when I bought it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
where are you guys located? I am in Central Maine, do you think they will have great deals like that here in the Northeast? I really want to get a 02 RMK 600, need to sell my 99 Indy 500 first though.
In general did a lot of the dealers get stuck with a lot of sleds over the past year because of snow condition?
Sounds like you got a great deal!!!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by Darkstar
[br]Well the Wife is all cool with it... All it took was telling her that waiting till snow check next year meant i was going to spend another couple grand...
I will have to try that one on the wife.

Sounds like a killer deal on the sled. I believe I spent $4,500 on my '97 XLTsp back in '98.

Can't wait for the pics.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
not2soon4snow go to the jackman powersports website. They've got deals on 02 600 xc and such.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Snowjimmy, Just tell him the prices are that good on just about any leftover 2003. I could have gotten a 700 for 500 bucks more... And yes fall is the worst. I love the cold mornings... it wont be long.

Not2Soon4Snow, I'm located in central MN. I would say that it might be a little harder to get a steal up in the northeast after the winter you guys had last year. My dealer didnt even order any 2004's that's how bad it was in MN last year.

Pigboy, Anytime the wife thinks your being practical it is much easier to get a yes :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts