Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, what does the group think of this deal? The guy is a humdred percent go.

Here I have a 1997 Ski Doo Formula 3 Snowmobile, needs a windshield and a tune up, but starts in 2-3 pulls even after sitting for awhile. Has 4256 miles and was painted flat black/green accents by previous owner. Heated grips work awesome, newer front ski's, track still looks good, brake/headlight work fine, small tears in seat, starts up and idles fine, revs to about 4500 rpm's but needs plugs/tuneup

For my thunderccat 900, runs good, bad seat.

Consensus?
TDg

·
Registered
288 Posts
well damn id do it. its a newer sled and its a ski doo! a tune up and new plugs is nothing dude! just make sure nothin else is wrong

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Do a compression test on it before doing anything.

·
Registered
232 Posts
sounds like a good buy but look over w/ a fine tooth comb[thumb]

·
Registered
564 Posts
yeah check it to make sure, they are really fast sleds, be weary if there has been stuff done to the motor though (for performance) these motors are better left stock really. Formula 3 is the 700 with a single pipe right? i get it confused with the Mach z. I would def do this if the sled is good, around here parts for that sled are plentiful.

·
Registered
232 Posts
JEEPS101 said:
yeah check it to make sure, they are really fast sleds, be weary if there has been stuff done to the motor though (for performance) these motors are better left stock really. Formula 3 is the 700 with a single pipe right? i get it confused with the Mach z. I would def do this if the sled is good, around here parts for that sled are plentiful.
i thought it was similar to the mach 1 but then again ive been wrong b4

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah do one of my buddys had formula 3 and flew like a bat out of hell and purred like a cat

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im sorry, but i have to say i wouldn't do it. You've got a thundercat- fastest name in sleds, and you want to trade it off for a 700 trip/single? I think the other guy is getting the good deal. A lot of the guys that LOVE doo stay away from the 700 because of their reliability issues. Throw a seat and maybe a late model skid and beat that doo in every aspect. Im not a doo guy or a cat guy, so my opinion is NOT brand-based. Just an opinion from a guy who's ridden the tcat and the formula 3.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with you geiger. But the trade wont be happening anyways, he sold the sled on me.
Thanks everybody, stay tuned for more wheeling and dealing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts