Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://racine.craigslist.org/mcy/1994795460.html

I can pick it up for 1550 and he's driving here.

He says it has a new top end and new clutches with one season on them.

Is it worth 1550 or should I keep looking?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Seems worth the price to me, but i agree that it speaks "beat" to me.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea it is kid owned but I told him that if its not in good shape like you told me I am not buying it. Hes bringing the sled here to me.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
How many "Good Deal?" topics do you make? You would think eventually you would know what a good deal is..

·
Registered
49 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
http://racine.craigslist.org/mcy/1994795460.html

I can pick it up for 1550 and he's driving here.

He says it has a new top end and new clutches with one season on them.

Is it worth 1550 or should I keep looking?
I have been around sleds my whole life [%58 years ] that sled is nothing but trouble .look for a nice polaris or make him a firm offer of $1000.00 and dont move from there,that will allow a few $$$$$ if it needs anything ,
Brent

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It is worth that but again, it does look like a beater sled but the chassis is a good one so it should be ok[thumb]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I will never understand why people offer money before they see the sled. I also will never understand why people see pictures of something for sale and say BUY IT. You can't determine a sale just by looking at pictures because it looks cool to you. The first thing that should be on your mind when you're looking to buy something is to actually look at it first.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea but I want to make sure I can get the sled for the price that I want before driving all the way up there then finding out he won't take my offer and drive back with no sled.[dunno]

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't give anything more than a grand for it. I have no idea what prices are like in your area, but around here, you can pick up Firecat chassis 440's ( 02 1/2 to 03 ) for 1800 all day long. Plus, it's got a giant monster sticker and NGK stickers on the size of my car that make it say "Hi, I couldn't afford a decal kit, so I had NGK send me free sticker to put on my sled!"

·
Registered
558 Posts
Id give him 1400 max its a nice sled but deffinatly looked like it could have been abused...and i make that assumption because of the massive MONSTER sticker on the hood. Offer him 1400 and hope for the best, I would buy it though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts