Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got back from talking with a guy I met on craigslist a few months ago. He has a 800 triple in a 440 sno pro and the motor has less then 100 miles on a FULL rebuild. He wants 800 for the motor, d and d pipes, and everything to make the sled go and trade for my 500 motor. Its flat side carbs no efi at all. Good Deal or not??

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
ArcticCatzr500 said:
Hey guys I just got back from talking with a guy I met on craigslist a few months ago. He has a 800 triple in a 440 sno pro and the motor has less then 100 miles on a FULL rebuild. He wants 800 for the motor, d and d pipes, and everything to make the sled go and trade for my 500 motor. Its flat side carbs no efi at all. Good Deal or not??
I don't fully understand. He has it in the sno pro chassis, but he wants 800 for the engine in it? and a trade for your 500 motor? what does that mean?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He wants my 500 for the 440 sno pro. He wants 800 bucks for the 800. The 500 motor will be for the work for flipping the motors from each chassis. Understand?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
ArcticCatzr500 said:
I don't fully understand. He has it in the sno pro chassis, but he wants 800 for the engine in it? and a trade for your 500 motor? what does that mean?
i think the chassis has nothing to do with what he is asking, he is just selling the motor, atleast thats the way i under stood it

i guess in my book and 800 for 500 is a great deal, although i would lmost want to do the rebuild myslef just cause then i know how good it was done

EDIT: i guess i was wrong, and i still i have no idea what he means????

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 800 has d and d pipes, clutch kit, bored and polished. Its a done up motor. And I'm looking at having more power and everyone told me in another forum that I should sell my 500 and get a bigger sled. I have a fresh new paint job, new seat cover, new this-new that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pay 800 for the 800 and he takes my 500 motor for doing the work.so I dont have to pay for labor cost.

Sorry if I'm confusing you guys, just extremely tired.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Okay so are you getting his sno pro with the engine or swapping engines or what?

Okay so you're getting the 800 for 800 dollars plus giving him your 500. And then you will put the 800 in your sled?

Sounds like a good deal but you have to ask yourself why he would do that...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swapping motors but i still have to pay 800 for the 800 motor. Hes going to flip flop the motors for my 500 motor

The 800 is toooo fast for his 13 year olds first sled.

He will do the work flip flopping the motors to each other chassis

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Im gonna be the grammar nazi, but dude your sentences are making no sense. It took me 5 post to figure out you werent trading sleds you were buying an up'd 800 motor for 800 and giving him the 500 motor to install the 800 motor in your sled. No offense but please if you need to proof read your sentences.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Empire087 your EXACTLY right. Like I said in another post I'm EXTREMELY tired. Sorry to everyone thats trying to read it, Empire087 got it right on the money.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Sounds sketchy to me. If I were you I'd save my 800 bucks and put it toward trading up for a newer chassis

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He's going to let me help out to show me how to do it down the road. He Rebuilt my shocks and clutch for me. Extremely nice guy. Don't find people like that around these days.

I'm just looking at, 800 motor that clutched, piped, bored and polished for 800. I will get everything for the motor, cdi, pipes, motor, clutch, motor mounts. He wants the 440 chassis to be downgraded for his 13 year old son.

Where can you find a 800 triple with EVERYTHING for 800?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It sounds like a good deal to me but then again, i would be very careful, if your gonna be with him as he does it that helps but still, he could be pulling a fast one. And you can't go by how nice people are today, a few months ago i bought a ninja 250 crotchrocket, they guy didn't have the title so we agreed he would send it to me as soon he got it(he was in the middle of moving down to nc from maryland). Nicest guy you ever met but 4 months later, no title and he is being a pain to get it from, i basically had to tell him i'm either coming for my money or the title or i was gonna have to involve a lawyer(he signed papers saying he would get me the title) he is "supposed" to get the title monday. Moral of the story.....you can't never really trust anyone so just be careful.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya I understand we all came across people like that. He rebuilds motors himself and does a GREAT job. He's the local guy for the drag sleds.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'm going to do the deal. I was figuring it out and if I bought a bigger sled, I could sell mine about 1300 bucks. I can get a 800 for around 2500-3500 with low miles, I'm still paying more for another sled. Plus mines all set up for the way I like to ride. If the other sled needed risers, or need the shocks rebuilt, or something I still have to put money into that one to have it ready for the winter. My chassis is all done, I will have a bigger motor in it and on my way I go being much happier with more hp. I've seen sleds out there that are 440's-500's that have a bigger motor in the chassis also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts