Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a '89 Indy 650 for $1200. Does this sound like a good deal?? it's starting to seem like I am going to be able to find a nice bigger liquid sled this summer, that's in my price range. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by Canadian_snow
[br]I found a '89 Indy 650 for $1200. Does this sound like a good deal?? it's starting to seem like I am going to be able to find a nice bigger liquid sled this summer, that's in my price range. :)

P.S-This is in Canadian funds.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would wait until summer this winter is almost over .you should be able to get a much better sled for your money

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, but I don't think you guys relize that i'm talking Canadian funds. In the states maybe 1200 is alot for an '89 650, but here I don't think it's that much. I'm not gonna get this one, but I thought it was a good deal. I also saw an '88 650 polaris for $1000 OBO.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Your best bet is to wait and keep an eye on the buy & sell or auto trader you can pick up a storm right now for about 2,000. 1995 the only problem is insurance on the large sleds now in Canada

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Canadian Snow just remember get what you pay for. A friend of mine picked up a 92 Indy 650 for $500 and he thought he got a hell of a deal. The sled looks nice and clean. His kid took it out put on about 35 miles and the motor lockes up. I took it apart the crank was toast. Would have cost over $500 to get it rebuilt. I found him a new crank for $300. Started putting it back together and found the pto cylinder was toast and it is already bored .020 over. By the time it is all together he will have between $600 and $700 into it. So his good deal isn't looking so good anymore. Riley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts