Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a pair of arctiva comp rr gloves to match my jacket. I was wondering if you have any opinions on these or any other gloves I should consider?

·
Registered
222 Posts
well dont get the FXR adrenaline's. i got them last year and were super warm and had a squeegee built in on the thumb for my goggles but they ripped after one F&ck!n season of riding

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I wore Polaris leather gloves last season and they worked really well. Only had one day where my hand was cold, and it turned out that my handwarmer isn't working on the throttle side. Any glove that has a high weight nylon and a good liner will be good for riding.

Unfortunately, I lost those gloves, so I picked up a pair of Arctiva Comp 5 gloves from DK. Seem to be real warm, but run pretty small. They are XL and are as snug as my L Polaris gloves were.

Any glove that has a high weight nylon and a good liner will be good for riding.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KingPrat said:
I wore Polaris leather gloves last season and they worked really well. Only had one day where my hand was cold, and it turned out that my handwarmer isn't working on the throttle side. Any glove that has a high weight nylon and a good liner will be good for riding.

Unfortunately, I lost those gloves, so I picked up a pair of Arctiva Comp 5 gloves from DK. Seem to be real warm, but run pretty small. They are XL and are as snug as my L Polaris gloves were.

Any glove that has a high weight nylon and a good liner will be good for riding.
Have you had a chance to ride with the comp 5's yet? if so how good were they

·
Registered
222 Posts
Im looking for a new pair and am torn between the Arctiva Comp 5's or the FXR Backshift gloves. the Arctiva's are $45 and the FXR's are 55?!?!?!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MN_SlEdnEck said:
Im looking for a new pair and am torn between the Arctiva Comp 5's or the FXR Backshift gloves. the Arctiva's are $45 and the FXR's are 55?!?!?!
I saw those fxr's on DK they look like there good gloves.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
if you got a hundred bucks the klim gloves are really nice.

something a little less spendy but still an amazing product are the polaris e-vent line from motorfist.

they are waterproof and will keep your hands warm. only glove ill ever wear now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
POLARISDOMINATOR said:
MN_SlEdnEck said:
ya i just dont know anyone who has bought/worn them. if theyre designed like my last pair of FXR's theyll be shit

Bmxican said:

something a little less spendy but still an amazing product are the polaris e-vent line from motorfist.

they are waterproof and will keep your hands warm. only glove ill ever wear now.
I cant find the polaris e-vent line? i searched for motorfirst and couldnt find their website either?[confused]

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've gone through a pair of gloves almost every season, last couple years I've used a heavy weight leather Katahdin brand. They've worked well, but I'll be upgrading to some HMKs this season.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
love my fxr's they were warm and kept my hands dry all season last year.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
In the past, I've used Castle-X gloves. Hated every minute with them. My hands have never been colder.

The last few years I used Gore-Tex Grandoe gloves. They seem to be similar to some of the Klim gloves, but at a cheaper price. I believe I paid $40 for mine on sale years ago. My hands have always been warm and dry in them. If the interior of the gloves are wet at the end of the day, it's from my hands sweating if anything.

For this year, I'll hopefully be trying out some Motorfist Valkyrie gloves. They look hopeful...

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
MN_SlEdnEck said:
POLARISDOMINATOR said:
MN_SlEdnEck said:
ya i just dont know anyone who has bought/worn them. if theyre designed like my last pair of FXR's theyll be shit

Bmxican said:

I cant find the polaris e-vent line? i searched for motorfirst and couldnt find their website either?[confused]
motor FIST most polaris dealerships should carry them.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
MN_SlEdnEck said:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Motorfist

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
bristowes in st. cloud mn carrys them for sure. i was just there and got some gear

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I have some Burton snow board gloves that are going strong for like five years now. They aren't overly thick and choking like some gloves and my hands could be cold as ice and I put them on and am good to go. I got some new Castle something gloves last year and they are junk...brand new and will sit in the closet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my favorite sledding glove are super old and kinda worn out. but they just feel great and i haven't found anything even close to compare.. they are made by Dead Cow (i don't think they are around anymore). but i think i found a new pair the other day at eddie bauer. they have this new line of winter stuff. the gloves are soft leather outside and 3m insulation inside with a neoprene layer around the wrist. they would be my next glove if i were shopping for a new pair

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I plan on trying motorfist this year. A local shop has a pair that are $85 and have a leather outer lining and they swear by them for cold backcountry riding. They're waterproof, and good for -40 plus wind chill ( wind resistant ). They seemed to be pretty good quality as well.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts