Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for this and didnt find anything on it? I am looking for opinions on some good kid sleds and I am not looking at going out and buying a brand new one. What are some of the older kid sleds out there that maybe some of you rode. I have 6 (yes I said SIX) children and want to get them into the sport. I am not looking to spend a lot just want something they can put around on. When I take them up and pull them on sleds they are all wanting to ride the 2 I got. Which I let them tinker around on with a very frightful mind as what could happen if they just WOT. So any ideas would be great or know of any out there for sale. My childrens ages- 1 daughter 13,daughter 11,son 7,daughter 6,son 5, son 10 mo.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
save the hassle and just get a Polaris 440 fan
not that powerful, it's what I grew up on

I'm sure you can find em @ 2grand for a good one

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yamaha Bravo IMHO. Cant kill those things no matter what you do

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Originally posted by ludvic
[br]Yamaha Bravo IMHO. Cant kill those things no matter what you do
i can testify to that!!!!!!!!!!! i have video proof...somewheres

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
yeah the lil 250's are nice beginners sleds also 370 fans are good beginners sleds as well. and if they are still really young get em started on kitty kats.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
buy mine. i have a polaris 340 longtrack in awesome condition. 2 up seat so ore than one kid can ride, if you dont want that i got a 94 440 polaris

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Get a Yamaha Bravo. They work forever and are cheap. Brand new ones are less than 4 grand. And they can take a beating and are very simple to work on. If you look around im sure youll be able to get 2 Bravo longtracks for less than 1500. Even if they are mid 80's theyll still run good and be cheap and simple to fix.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i would jump all over the deal that luke68polaris has, any old yamaha 340 exciter, enticer, or 440 fan cooled. or you could look for arctic cats z 370 if you can find one cheap. otherwise my top choice would be early 90's polaris 440's and 500 fan cooled sleds, not a lot of power but reliable and very fun...............the biggest thing is to find one and teach them the proper safety and courtesy on the trails, the earlier they learn the better, good to hear some young-uns are getting into this wonderful sport, good luck!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yamaha SnoScoot. Its bigger than a 120 but not quite as big as a normal snowmobile. The only bad thing is that SnoScoots are far from cheap. They stopped making them almost 20 years ago and SnoScoots still go for $1400-$1800.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I'd say a late 80's model 340 is about right.

....but you may want to put the $700-800 bucks towards a vasectomy first.[:0]
j/k[:D]

·
Registered
855 Posts
^^^ I'm with RipnCkick, buy them a Indy Lite 340 or something similar to that or even a Indy 400 just find a way to block the throttle off so they cannot achieve WOT

·
Registered
284 Posts
Maybe an arctic cat 370z.. You can pick them up new for about $4,000 so I would think you could pick up an 1999 or a 2000 very reasonable.

·
Registered
298 Posts
lol just let them start like i did when i was 7 get them a 500 XC or something like that but i would probably get them a 340 polaris

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
One of these. Easily obtained for under $800. 340 fan cooled, run for ever, good suspension, easy to get parts for body.
[attachment=25565]

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
[attachment=54702][attachment=54703][attachment=54704]

I have this one FOR SALE. 1997 Polaris XCF440. This snowmachine is in GREAT condition and is in perfect working order. It has 5128 miles on it, a studded track (72), windshield bag, frt. shock covers, skid plate, good carbide runners, heated grips. New RydeFX front shocks last year. Cover and manual included. This would make a good starter and/or kids sled.

[:D]

Asking $1200 / Or best offer.
Call Mike @ 952-442-4451 or 952-887-3923.

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
alot of those sleds are ridiculous.......id say indy 500.....pm me cause i am selling one...1150.if anybody is intrested.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have an Indy 400 that I might be talked into delivering to Idaho. It's quite light and I just rebuilt the motor including crank bearings and crank seals. I'd want something in the neighborhood of $800 for it. I could get it as far West as Pine Creek Pass, but that shouldn't be a problem because you were going riding with me when I show up in Idaho next anyway.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts