Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some good mods that are actually available for a 06 550 Super Sport. Any ideas?
Thanks!

·
Registered
548 Posts
550 supersport aeen exhaust pipes are really nice for one mod are you looking for looks to im not exactly sure if that will fit it says only 01 to 05 but im pretty sure it would work for yours and it cost 399 and it saves 11 pounds and adds 6 horse its a nice pipe

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm trying to get 136" ext kit, seems like a damn good buy. Handlebar risers are good if you stand up a lot. Some random cosmetics are some grill inlets, different bumper colors, shock covers, new ski's (c&a, simmons, USI) of color of choice. Performance mods, I'd agree with above.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
maybe a minor port and polish?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I would deffinitly look into some clutch work and re-gearing, I played around with mine a bit and it made a huge improvement. No more low end bog, nice and snappy, EPI clutch springs, primary and secondary, it engages at 4500 and its got gears out of a trail RMK, It still goes 75-80 on the dreamo-meter, which is plenty top end for me, and its got that nice low end power that I like. When people see my sled they usually say "ah, thats just a bogger fan cooled sled" but wait till they ride it! its pretty impressive for what it is. My next mod for it is going to be an AAEN or DG pipe.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I agree with Jcode. Cosmetics would mainly look good on your sled. A 136 Extension kit would look awesome and would be a good use of your moeny if your a trail rider but mainly cosmetical work would look good on your sled.
Originally posted by TheJcode
[br]I'm trying to get 136" ext kit, seems like a damn good buy. Handlebar risers are good if you stand up a lot. Some random cosmetics are some grill inlets, different bumper colors, shock covers, new ski's (c&a, simmons, USI) of color of choice. Performance mods, I'd agree with above.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br]I agree with Jcode. Cosmetics would mainly look good on your sled. A 136 Extension kit would look awesome and would be a good use of your moeny if your a trail rider but mainly cosmetical work would look good on your sled.
Originally posted by TheJcode
[br]I'm trying to get 136" ext kit, seems like a damn good buy. Handlebar risers are good if you stand up a lot. Some random cosmetics are some grill inlets, different bumper colors, shock covers, new ski's (c&a, simmons, USI) of color of choice. Performance mods, I'd agree with above.
If he is a trail rider he would want to stay at 121". Clutch it or play with the gearing if you want a little more performance. The 550 will be enough power to turn a 136" if you really want to but I would definitly change gearing than.

If you like pulling cat walks and such just dial in your suspension to your riding preference...that along with cluthcing will be the most benefical thing you can do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts