Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Farmers Almanac Website and this is what it said for the North Central States.
This is for Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, South Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, Wyoming, and Colorado.

December 2006
1st-3rd. Showery. 4th-7th. Pleasant. 8th-11th. Big storm moves out of the Southwest. North of the storm track, heavy snow, with 8 to 16" possible. South of the storm track, heavy rains. 12th-15th. Cold and fair, then unsettled. 16th-19th. Clouds gradually clear. 20th-23rd. Stormy, with heavy snow. 24th-27th. Fair, colder. 28th-31st. Scattered snow showers.

January 2007
1st-3rd. Milder, then light snows from Central Rockies into Nebraska, Kansas. 4th-7th. Mostly fair skies. 8th-11th. Heavy snow (8 to 12 inches) from Rockies through northern and central Great Plains. 12th-15th. Mostly fair, but bitterly cold. 16th-19th. Light snows. 20th-23rd. Stormy, with blizzard-like conditions spreading across Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, and Missouri. 24th-27th. Mixed sun and clouds, with very cold winds. 28th-31st. Fair, then wet.

I am in a really good mood after I read this.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
You know...so far that seems on par with what it's been like around here.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br] 8th-11th. Big storm moves out of the Southwest. North of the storm track, heavy snow, with 8 to 16" possible. South of the storm track, heavy rains. 12th-15th. Cold and fair, then unsettled.
Well, they blew it on those two.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
The Old Farmer's Almanac also said the Great Lakes states will see a lot of snow this year, but then I heared that a mild El Nino might cancel that out.
I also heared that this past summer's Hurricane Season would be as bad, if not worse than the one from the summer before. That one didn't come true.
People in weather predicting have absolutely NO CLUE what's gonna happen next.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
we better have snow for christmas or ill be pissed

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Well you can never predict the weather, even with the most technologically advanced instruments there are always other factors that you don't notice

and the forecast has been wrong when predicting for snow so who says it can't be wrong and we get a good dumping when their predicting no snow[;)]

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But, it has been right so far. Its been showery and flurries lately. But, next week it is suppose to cool down maybe thats when we will get all of our snow.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
12-15 cold and fair. well if I lived in california and came here for a visit I would think it to be cold. its friking 40 degrees before noon. I have 5 dollars saying I will mow lawn once more before I ride sled.

·
Registered
90 Posts
**** i wanna move to the damn mountains thisis so bad. im thinkin we wont have snow for christmas and that will suck, but hopefully we get sum so i can test my twin pipes out

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Usually the notheren states have snow on Christmas. So, I am still thinking perty positive here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The only way to predict snow around here is if you look outside and its snowing

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]Usually the notheren states have snow on Christmas. So, I am still thinking perty positive here.
I like to hear that optimism.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The weatherman is the only person that I know that can be wrong 95% of the time and still have a job!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I wouldnt believe anything the Farmer's Almanac says. They are wrong more than they are right.
You can look at all the weather forecasts you want, but the fact is that the weather will be what it will be and there is nothing we can do about it.
Im hopefull that I will be able to ride my sled in northern Wisconsin over the X-mas and New Year's holiday, but if I dont its not the end of the world.
Ive seen good winters and Ive seen bad ones. Ive been snowmobiling for the past 12 years and one things Ive learned is to not let the weather get you down because it can change a lot in a matter of a few days.
I can remember a few times where we had great snow, then we got 40 degree temps and rain which washed all the snow away, but a few days later we'd get dumped on with 12"+ snowstorms and the trails were great again.
Releax, people. Its not going to be 40 degrees all winter. As much as the winter haters would like to say otherwise, it aint gonna happen.

·
Registered
90 Posts
^^^ ya i hope so too i snowmobile by hayward wisconson over new years so hopefully they have snow there by then, im goning there this weekend so ill get to see if they have any yet.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My friend says, "There's always a 50% chance of rain (or snow) - it's either going to snow, or it isn't!" LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts