Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a sled and it had a brand new track with old studs. i took the studs out and thought i was going to put new ones, but im not. i was wondering if it is bad for the track to have holes in it with no studs
any tip is helpful
thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont see any harm in doing it. but one of my friends father owns a yamaha dealer and he said that its not good for a track. as of tonight i have 78 miles on the sled and nothings happened yet.
thanks for the tip.

3 IN A ROW MAKE YOU GO

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Geezz. I give you a tip and you make me jealous with your "78 miles" comment. :) No sign of snow here. I had a piped 650 Indy in the 90's that I rode hard for 3 seasons after I removed studs and I sold it with that track on and he put another season on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im from northern maine. we had about 5-6 inches. trails werent groomed but there was enough snow to ride. after today tho the snow is almos all gone:( but heavy snow weds. :).
where are u from

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what kind of sled r u runing

3 IN A ROW MAKE YOU GO!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive heard good stories on the 96 ultra. my sisters boyfriend had one. he had aftermmarket heads dynoport triple pipes, reeds, well clutched, and im sure some other stuff. and i was told that he burry the needle no problem and was in front of some 800's. my next sled would possibly be an ultra.

3 IN A ROW MAKE YOU GO!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is it dependable???
wana sell haha

3 IN A ROW MAKE YOU GO

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well Ive been harping about this sled so much on here that the regulars are probably sick of hearing about it . But yes it was extremely reliable and it now has 10000 miles on it with no problems at all. It still runs great. I am selling both my sleds and will keep which ever one dosnt sell. If I keep the Ultra I will throw a new bottom end in it just to be sure. But theres nothing like the look on peoples faces when their new 800 twin takes a wuppin.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by hotrod:
Its all true . My ultra is modded as well and it is faster than my XCR

[/quote]

Faster than your 800 tripple?! Wow, that's pretty good. What pipes do you have in your Ultra?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Megaman, I can't believe you haven't heard me bragging about this machine on here yet. It has the legend kit plus clutch kit from a drag racing team in the States plus PSI modblaster II lake race edition pipes. The legend kit includes flowed and bored carbs, reeds, heads, helix, and springs plus a legend motor plate to keep everything together. I also have UFO's which really worked on this combo in the lower mid-range. I ran 86 mph. in 440 feet at the local grass drags. This speed was second on the day to a fully modded T cat who ran only 89. And all this with nearly 10,000 miles at the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts