Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was given the opportunity to get a 2005 f7 snow pro with 3,400 miles for $2,000. definitely needs a new track and some cosmetic damage. Is this a good deal? Are these good sleds? I currently own a '91 Indy 500 with a '97 suspension upgrade. Will there be a very noticeable difference in ride? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
lol yea there will be a noticeable ride difference, and power. I'd check out the sled well though sound looks it may be sketchy (damage wise), but may not be.

As far as if it is a good sled, I have no personal experience with that sled. But it would be a more enjoyable ride than your current one...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The ride will be night and day, even better than that in fact[thumb] Just look over EVERYTHING closely before you decide to buy, sounds like a good deal to me though!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
what is the extent of cosmetic damage? check for bends and tweaks in the bulkhead and tunnel. don't bother if either of these are damaged. otherwise that sounds like a very good price

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Thats a steal for a sled like that, just check it over strongly like mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Check it over. If it's just the track and cosmetic damage then it's a pretty good deal. I bought my '03 F7 for 2900 and there was a little cosmetic damage. It's a totally different sled now...Thousands of dollars later. Haha.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
If it needs a new track and has cosmetic damage, it has been really abused.. There's a good chance that it needs a lot more than that.

Consider that you may end up spending as much on repairs as you paid for the sled.. Look it over very carefully, and bring someone else who knows sleds well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts