Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a bigger sled lately. I have a 94 Arctic Cat Cougar i could sell. I can spend roughly 2,000 on one. I want one that is pretty fast, turn decent, and can handle being jumped. I would prefer ski-doo or arctic cat. Let me know of any snowmobiles that are good for ditch banging and just riding around w/o to much deep snow.
Thanks, ArcticCatRider

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
If you want to stick with AC the ZR's are a really good sled for your riding requirements. I believe the '98's are starting to get in that price range, not 100% though. Wouldn't go older then that, although the '97's may of had the same suspension (then that would be ok as well). I can't remember off of the top of my head.

I really don't know that much about Ski-Doo, never been around them.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
a 440 sno pro or 440 mxz x sounds like it would suit your riding style if your looking for something bigger than a ZR series cat or a mxz adrenaline. but for 2000, your probably looking at around a 99 to 00 (a 2000 might be pushing the money envelop), unless you find a really good deal on a newer sled. just my .02

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
ya go with a a/c sno pro and throw some risers on her....dont spend that much on your sled..keep shopping...if u blow all your cashn now u have no money for mods...be patient and wait for the perfect sled to come down the trail

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
now is a bad time to buy sleds usually the snow is starting to fall so prices usually go up. wait till spring then find a cheap one

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
dont buy a 440 unless you are very good at tunning engines. buy a mxzx or a mxz adrenaline and revalve the shocks or do the same with a zr.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
440's arent as troublesome as everyone makes them out to be. If it is set up, all you need to mess with is jetting every 20 or so degrees, and on my proX, i can do it with a screwdriver, and a pliers in less than 5 minutes. Other than that, regular mainenence like any other sled is needed. When i bought mine it had an 04 motor with 01 carbs, and all the jets were wrong, and I am by no means "very good at tuning" and with a little help from SF, I was at baseline and now my sled is as reliable as any of my friends sleds. Newer/older race or trail.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Yeah they arnt troublesome if you know what your doin, if your a guy who isnt mechanichly inclined it is very troublem some, and for me well iam just lazy have had 2 race sleds. I ride almost everyday i dont liek having to tune befor i ride, (temp here changes drasticly).

·
Registered
232 Posts
ya i see you want arctic cat or ski doo but a good polaris sled for a pretty good price is the xc you could probably get a 98 xc 700 for about 2 grand

·
Registered
94 Posts
lol forget about the skidoo and cats go with a polaris pro x perfect ditch banging sleds

1 - 10 of 10 Posts