Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey those of you who got Snowgoer yesterday, i notice a new ad and it was from Goodyear Tires and they said they make snowmobile belts with carbon fiber in it for minimum wear but the maximum grip....check it out.............................................................http://www.goodyearep.com/productsdetail.aspx?id=17498

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
powersledder said:
Bobinwi said:
and at 109 dollars i dont think ill ever buy one of those belts
Have you seen the price of OEM belts for newer sleds? Some are right around$200! I miss the days of $30 brand new belts.
My last belt was $170 which was good for a season,I would gladly pay $109 for a goodyear instead if it was proven durable.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Just did a product search on your link and found that our local Autozone in Mt. Vernon, OH. carries them. I need to get a couple new belts for next season, so I think I may try one out. They did not have any in stock so I will have to order it. I have been using Carlisle belts. I guess all they will need is the numbers off the existing belt to cross-reference?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
powersledder said:
Bobinwi said:
and at 109 dollars i dont think ill ever buy one of those belts
Have you seen the price of OEM belts for newer sleds? Some are right around$200! I miss the days of $30 brand new belts.
My belts are only $55...and I still think they are overpriced. [B)]

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
When someone proves to me that they can hold up to 230+HP, I may give one a try, until then I will continue to use Polaris OEM belts that I can get for around $60-$70.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i was worried like i dont care about the price of oem belt or Carlisle belts for 70 dollars but the carbon fiber is the part i am worried about like it can mess up the clutches

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I am deffinately going to look into these, we needed two new belts and went the OEM route. Damn near costed us an arm and a leg.

1,792 Posts
jake.parker said:
Hey those of you who got Snowgoer yesterday, i notice a new ad and it was from Goodyear Tires and they said they make snowmobile belts with carbon fiber in it for minimum wear but the maximum grip....check it out.............................................................http://www.goodyearep.com/productsdetail.aspx?id=17498

I grew up thinking Goodyear anything was the cat's meow. I no longer think that way. I once bough a GY serpentine belt for a vehicle and had to return it. Even though it was the right part number, it was too small to slip on. For one, the grooves in the belt weren't deep enough to seat all the way on the ridged pulleys.

[Disappointed]

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
the_hog said:
When someone proves to me that they can hold up to 230+HP, I may give one a try, until then I will continue to use Polaris OEM belts that I can get for around $60-$70.
Hog let me know when u find a belt that does that because I might not have that much HP but if a belt can hold up to 230+Hp it should hold up for my needs. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts