Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/for/1773842149.html


I had to clean the drool off my keyboard to post this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
oh hell ya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
Hey Roger, did you notice that he dropped the price 3K in the past 3 days, when he first listed it he was asking 18K, for sure one helluva piece of equipment but way out of my league.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
Wouldnt in any way cost $30,000, but still a sick sled.

Theres a few 440s and 600s owned by Slednecks riders for sale on the slednecks website. One of them was an 06 440 with 300 miles on it, and they would take something like $2100 shipped. It was something like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,299 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH


$15K, really? Just because it was Thacker's sled? And it wasn't even his race sled, it was his back up sled which never saw tv air time. Whoever buys this sled for anything more than $6k is an idiot. The guy who is selling it probably bought it for $5K and is just trying to prey on someone elses stupidity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
Its cool but F u C k thats expensive, wouldnt it be cool to just be given sleds to beat on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
Now way in hell that is worth $15,000, especially $30,000 ahaha. that seller, what a tool.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,279 Posts
powersledder said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH


$15K, really? Just because it was Thacker's sled? And it wasn't even his race sled, it was his back up sled which never saw tv air time. Whoever buys this sled for anything more than $6k is an idiot. The guy who is selling it probably bought it for $5K and is just trying to prey on someone elses stupidity.
Yeah,you could build a exact replica of that sled for around 6G pretty easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
RMK-KING said:
powersledder said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH


$15K, really? Just because it was Thacker's sled? And it wasn't even his race sled, it was his back up sled which never saw tv air time. Whoever buys this sled for anything more than $6k is an idiot. The guy who is selling it probably bought it for $5K and is just trying to prey on someone elses stupidity.
Yeah,you could build a exact replica of that sled for around 6G pretty easy.
It's a nice sled but not that nice



jesse500 said:
Now way in hell that is worth $15,000, especially $30,000 ahaha. that seller, what a tool.
whoever buy that sled is a retard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like he has posted it a few times and its been flagged.....Maybe because its a bit of a pipe dream....

I still would like to rip the trails with it. Not because of who owned it, but because of what it is. Hell, I'd rip half the stickers off the damn thing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,969 Posts
$30k my ass. funny the listing says $15k and in the text it says he won't take less than $18k. "my buddy is paul thacker so i'm going to use his name to sell a sled for 3 times as much as it's worth". that's what it should say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
One year later you have a trashed sled with a blown motor and your trying to find the right (modified) parts to make it run proper again????

This guy needs to grow up and realize that calling a potential customer an A-hole isn't a good way to sell a product.

The real performance is in the rider, not the sled.

There are so many things wrong with this.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
How does he get $30,000? Even $15,000 (or $18,000 for the ad's matter).

Locally, (northern Ontario), people are selling brand new 2010 Polaris IQr 600's for $6995 + taxes & license ($7550). Then add a $400 decal kit, $300 for skis, $200 in studs, $1400 for front shocks, $1400 for rear shocks, $900 for pipes, and the only other parts worth $$ is the Better Boards, Motor boring, oversized pistons, head work. And motor tuned by Bikeman? what they do to it?

So the way i see it, for new sled, all new parts:

sled: $7550
shocks: $2800
decals: $400
Skis: $300
Pipes: $900
studs: $200
-------------

$12,150. FOR BRAND NEW except head, better boards, motor work.

Maybe $15,000 for the whole thing, brand new everything. Not used, and definetly not $30,000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
nice sled but 15000 is way out of anyones ballpark, anyone can say that its paul thackers sled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
hmmm questions.. he said its a 2010 but the motor has 2 seasons on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
bj.hardy said:
hmmm questions.. he said its a 2010 but the motor has 2 seasons on it?
Ha good point
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Ohh got it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
****** with "thackers" IQ said:
Nick:

Nope I wouldn't sell to someone like you.
------Original Message------
From: Sean Harris

Sure there isnt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw1msQQXfBU&feature=related

And can you name off what costs $30,000 on the sled? Twin pipes are under $1500. Factory mod is only $13,500 NEW and that comes with a 1.75" track, twin pipes, factory ported mod motor.
Nick:
> And there is no way you can build a
> yamaha to 450 hp

> From: Sean Harris
> Hi, just wondering why this sled is so much compared to all
> of the other IQ 600 mods out there. You say it cost 30,000
> to build, but I'm pretty sure it was under $15,000 to build.
> You can build 450hp turbo yamahas running on propane for
> under $20,000.
>
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top