Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got offered a free 2 place a few days ago, and went an picked it up today...will get re decked, new lights and new wiring...I should be able to complete the rebuild for around $100...Will keep updating as I get more done....got it home and stripped it today....

2010106211244843_26476.jpg

2010106211251140_26476.jpg

2010106211248937_26476.jpg

2010106211255671_26476.jpg

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
aluminum isnt it? should be a great trailer for only a $100 investment, for haulin sleds though it would be nice to have a tilt bed

EDIT: or is it a tilt bed, idk but i do see a pin in the hitch on one of the pics what are you redecking it with? more plywood or something else?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Have one just like it and yes its tilt. Unfortunately i tried putting a sled on mine the other day and the frame is so rusted it just twisted in 2 places and looks like a potato chip. I would recommend putting some kind of sealant on the frame. If you need any tires or anything like that i can sell them to you off of mine.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dodgetruck2 said:
aluminum isnt it? should be a great trailer for only a $100 investment, for haulin sleds though it would be nice to have a tilt bed

EDIT: or is it a tilt bed, idk but i do see a pin in the hitch on one of the pics what are you redecking it with? more plywood or something else?
yup its a tilt, you can see the pin in the picture of it behind the Rhino...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
firecatF5 said:
I wish I could find a free trailer! I need one bad!
Me too, and to think mine made it 900 miles with a sled on it just a few years ago, looking back, i bet that was safe[Disappointed]

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picking up lights and decking tonight...cant wait...custom salt shield anyone?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
That's awesome, I'm sure it will great once you're done with it. Custom salt shield? Why not? I'm sure it's cheaper then going out and just buying one.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Free is always good.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Why does it need to be 8.5 feet wide?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ArcticCatZR800 said:
Why does it need to be 8.5 feet wide?
my sled, is 47" to the out side of the ski's...need to be a minimum of 8" to get 2 side by side and thats gonna be tight....

its all on hold at this point...had a minor mishap with my big tractor last night and that will need to be fixed first...gotta bring in a good welder and i am sure he wont do it for free...

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
That's the width of my 2 place trailer, it fit 2 touring sleds on it no problem.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Our two place is an even 8 feet and we cannot fit my RMK with slydogs and a friends SXr 700 with simmon skis on there, stockers fit just fine though.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts