Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, time to get a sled, and suggestions in that price range? There is an 97 mxz600 for that around here, what things do I need to look for? I've put some time in on a 97 670 with some pretty good mods, and it was a blast...lets say I'm hooked.[:D]

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
97 mxz 600??? they didnt make mxz 600's until 99. you probably meant MXZ 583's you probably can pick up a nice used 97 or 98 MXZ 670 for that price range.. if thats what u meant about what u can get for $2500 price range.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, sorry, that is what it is. Was the 583 a good machine, or should I look for a 670? What year did the 670 go to the high output?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
583 = bullet proof rotax motor. 670= extra grunt meaty bullet proof as well. and the 670 HO is just amazing powerplant. around $3500 for 99 MXZ 670 HO tho.. only 1 year they made for HO's version.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the 670 I rode had shaved heads, studded track, and some clutching done on it. What differences did the HO get that gave it the extra balls? How was the 670 for reliablily? The 583 is nice because it looks mint and is just 2 blocks from my house. Is it worth it to go with a 670, or any other models? What year did the polaris 600's get the edge chassis?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The 543 is an excellent machine, My buddy has one and it runs great. They have good power, enough to keep you with anything out there till about 60-70 mph. From what you say, I would take it off his hands for 2500.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, sounds good. I'll go give it a closer look tomorrow. Any specific things to look for in that model? (frames tend to crack in a certian spot...etc)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took a quick look at it, no scratches anywhere. Just a hair over 3,000 miles. The paint is bearly worn off the floor boards. is 3,000 too high?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
That's not to many miles.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hmm. American... Thats getting up there.. Try to get his a little lower. --- Sorry dissregard this. I thought you ment $3000.

3000 miles is not that bad. I would go for it.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
No, that isn't many miles, when I bought my sled it had 2500 miles, and everybody said the guy never used it, and I can put 2000 miles plus per winter if I tried to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, time to get money together, I'll put up some pics if I get it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts